• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Your best ticket hook up for sports/entertainment of all time?

pstall

I got 2 lower level end zone tickets to the Panthers Vs. Bengals one year just for wearing a Panthers hoodie while my mom was shopping for a new car...

The dealership got tickets to each game (dunno why, since we're talking Johnston County, unless it is something all Chevrolet/Jeep dealerships in the state had access to at some point), and the salesman started talking Panthers with me when he saw my hoodie...

Mom got a new ride, and I got the ticket hookup...

Turn Four, Daytona 500. Got to bring two friends down from Lexington (UK) and we spent a chilly Saturday at the beach and Sunday at the race. If you don't get chills down your spine when 43 cars go full throttle for the first time (which is in turn four) there's something wrong with you.

Superbowl XXXVIII - Houston, Texas - my husband and I purchased a package to fly with a group. When we booked, we told them we wanted to upgrade to lower level tickets, at the time they told us that they had 10 seats in on of the corners (I forget the section). It didn't matter to me. Morning of the game, we got the tickets handed to us and they told us they had made a change to better tickets - they were goal line seats - about 15 rows up and on the other side of the stadium from where we were going to be. When we got there, we found ourselves sitting in the section with the families of the panthers.....we even had some sitting behind us. Our section never sat down the entire game. There were some guys who sat behind us who we got to talking to - a father and son- who had been to 15 Superbowls and 10 Superbowls respectively. They commented that they had never been to such a Superbowl with such an electric atmosphere.

Bruce Willis was in the next section just a few seats away, other celebrities were close as well, I forget who all we saw now - I'd have to look at what I wrote about the trip, but I'm not because that wasn't what made the trip great. Jessica Simpson was there to do some kind of marching band thing to begin the halftime show about 10 feet away from where we sat. Downside to that was halftime show stuff was in the aisles where we were so there was no way we could leave our seats. We already knew what the halftime show was and it wasn't our cup of tea so we planned on taking a stroll on the concourse. We ended up trapped. We never knew about Janet Jackson's boob until the next day.

All of the parties the tour offered were excellent, a rental car came with every room and the intention was to have everyone drive themselves to the game. But, people complained because there was an open bar at every party including the tailgate party before the game so the organizers ended up chartering buses (not an easy thing to do because every charter company within 200 miles were there (including every rental car). Most every other group had one or the other, we had both. We met a lot of panther's family members out on the street - Mike Rucker's mom and Dad took our photo in front of some banner. Every panthers fan you saw became your best friend. Great trip.

Oh - and on a side note, some people ended up still sitting where our original tickets were going to be - those 10 seats were the only 10 panthers fans in that section. It was on the Patriots side of the field and they had a lousy time.

My mom's roommate and sorority sister from college is Shelley Smith from ESPN. We stayed with her for the USC-Nebraska game in 2005. She's the main reporter for all Lakers and Trojans news for ESPN. I got to read her Kobe Bryant trial notes (wow) and meet Allen Bradford, Stafon Johnson and John David Booty and got to tour the USC locker room.

speaking of LL endzone...in 2004 I went to a Seahawks game on Boxing Day...day after Christimas for Canadians!! went to a random bar in Seattle for the pre game beverages/breakfast and met up with a bunch of crazy mofo's all decked out! Became very close friends with all these people...4 of which are now hall of fame members for fans. I went to the NFC Championship game with these people in row 2 of the endzone for face value and have subsequently bought half a season ticket in that very same seat now, on top of my regular two! Sometimes, it's just about being in the right place at the right time!

My mom's roommate and sorority sister from college is Shelley Smith from ESPN. We stayed with her for the USC-Nebraska game in 2005. She's the main reporter for all Lakers and Trojans news for ESPN. I got to read her Kobe Bryant trial notes (wow) and meet Allen Bradford, Stafon Johnson and John David Booty and got to tour the USC locker room.

I remember you telling that story. Classic

That seems about right. You would have been a USC fan in 2005. I'll let you know when I've got some Alabama stories (offer valid only until the next Nat'l Champion is crowned).

Umm, where does this fairweather fan stuff come from? I've been a USC and Rams fan since the early 70s, UK fan since the mid 70s and Angels fan since the late 70s. I challenge anyone on this board to top that.

Umm, where does this fairweather fan stuff come from? I've been a USC and Rams fan since the early 70s, UK fan since the mid 70s and Angels fan since the late 70s. I challenge anyone on this board to top that.

I was born in the 80s ....sorry thats all i got

I've been a Habs fan since I was born

Archived