• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Your best ticket hook up for sports/entertainment of all time?

pstall

Steel Wheels Tour Rolling Stones. Buddy and me and my cousin and his friend go to Death Valley in Clemson. 84,000 Stones fans. Living Colour is the opening act.

We already had tixs and I got two more from a friend who worked for Budweiser.

Of course Bud is sponsoring the tour. As we get about 30 mins away and we are blazing out of our minds I'm looking at the State newspaper and it has a map and a ticket configuration for the show. I see F and I look at my Bud tickets. FIELD!! We are gonna be on the freaking field. But, I was so stoned we weren't sure where. Trust me, that' s how we rolled.

So we sell the two other tix for like 80 and go in.

Every time we would get to the Event Staff guys I was waiting for them to say stop. But they kept waiving us forward. And keep waiving.

Finally we get to our row. Row 10, right smack in the middle of the stage.

All the Bud execs and their wives/girlfriends/mistresses are there SITTING down. My buddy and me didn't even hesitate. We stepped right on top of our chairs went crazy. Everybody else stands up with is.

I remember 3 songs, kissing this hot blonde in the concourse from Arizona and sleeping in the phone booth outside the stadium.

We lost my cousin who was driving and this was pre cell phone days. Communicating up front was crucial if not life saving back then. So I had to get my brother to drive 3 hrs to come get us.

There is more to add but. That's my greatest ticket hook up or place to sit.

Honorable Mention:

Sideline pass ESPN Thrs night game. South Carolina vs Kentucky.

6 rows from stage John Prine

Sky box Tire Bowl

3 rows from field a few times for Panthers games.

I'm sure I'm missing some.

:lurk5:

LOL, that is a pretty good ticket hook-up.

I don't really have a ticket hook up story so much. Although, I did get Pit tix to a Tool laser light show the day of the show by beating a Marine in an arm wrestling bet. LONG story, basically he thought he was bad ass, I was even more bad ass. (if you really want to know then I will tell the story, but someone will have to ask nicely)

I got an awesome hook up to a 3 Doors Down concert when I was on Guam. It was a USO concert and 3DD thought that this hill on the Naval base was the perfect place to do the concert. Unfortunately, the lead singer is a pale s.o.b. and Guam is a hot motherfuger. The hill they chose caught all of the afternoon light, by about 1845 (it gets dark about 1830 everyday on Guam) the lead singer was so fuging red. That s.o.b. threw up on my then g.f., she was so fuging pissed all I could do was laugh like a bastard. That was the begining of the end of us.

Bobby Allison let me hang on his trailer for a race

Great guy

VIP for a panthers game including hanging with some of the stats guys and getting to push a few buttons during the game I probably should not have (sorry jake)

I called 3 days ahead of time for a buffet concert at the pavilion for 10 tickets best available hoping to get lawn...and got 3rd row. 10 tickets together. the lady told me 30 tickets opened up the second I called. Was a superstar that week

O.k., I just spent about 30 stupid ass minutes typing out the stupid ass story and my computer died. I am sure no one will believe this but I don't give a fug I am pissed.

Shorter long version.

A marine in A-school challenged anyone in the Navy to kick his ass. Only one guy in the Navy stood up. This marine was about 6' 5" and around 280 lbs. I was not the Navy guy who stood up, I am 5' 10" 220. I am not a fat ass at all, 100% pure USDA beef, but I was not dumb enough to fug with this dude.

The Navy guy who stood up was a former Marine who had saved a bunch of fuging jar-head lives by jumping on a grenade. He went to the Navy to stay in the military. He choked the fug out of the marine with his MOTHERfugIN' SHIRT COLLAR. Baddest poo I have seen ever.

Anyways, the marine was pissed that he got punked in front of his friends by a Navy dude, former marine or not.

Two weeks later, marine dude has tickets everyone wants to Tool laser light show. He tells Navy guy that kicked his ass that if he can beat him in arm wrestling then he can have the tickets. Navy guy is supreme bad-ass but he is not anywhere near big enough to beat Gigantour in arm-wrestling.

So I tell marine that if I beat him best of 5 he has to give me tickets and stop messing witht the fuging Navy. After much negotiating, we agreed that if he won he would get $500. I am not the biggest M.F.er but I can armwrestle like a s.o.b.

I whooped his ass 3 times in a fuging row. He was so fuging embarrassed. His life was a living Hell the next 7 weeks.

I saw him awhile later after A-school on a gator, the Essex. He still hadn't lived down the experience. I kinda felt bad for him.

That was a fuging bad-ass concert though.

88 Winter Olympics in Calgary....Canada vs Russia, the last time Canada will ice amateurs in the Olympics. Thousands of people hanging around the saddle dome trying to sell/buy tickets. Girl friend and I have one guy down to $1000 for a pair of nosebleeds...seriously contemplating laying down the cash. About 10 minutes to face off, when a gentleman approaches me asking if we are looking for tickets...asks us to follow him. I am getting very suspicious as he leads us towards the entrance without telling us anything about the tickets, where, how much etc, just tells us to come along. We get all the way to the front of the line, he goes through, then turns around and hands me two tickets and says he wants nothing for them. hand them to ticket agent and in we go....row 11, right behind the Canada net...guy works for Nabisco and has extra corporate tickets and said he would feel bad selling them. Wouldn't even let me buy him a beer. He easily could have made a couple grand on these tickets and there we were, sitting there for free! Russia 4, Canada no score, but one hell of an experience all the same!

88 Winter Olympics in Calgary....Canada vs Russia, the last time Canada will ice amateurs in the Olympics. Thousands of people hanging around the saddle dome trying to sell/buy tickets. Girl friend and I have one guy down to $1000 for a pair of nosebleeds...seriously contemplating laying down the cash. About 10 minutes to face off, when a gentleman approaches me asking if we are looking for tickets...asks us to follow him. I am getting very suspicious as he leads us towards the entrance without telling us anything about the tickets, where, how much etc, just tells us to come along. We get all the way to the front of the line, he goes through, then turns around and hands me two tickets and says he wants nothing for them. hand them to ticket agent and in we go....row 11, right behind the Canada net...guy works for Nabisco and has extra corporate tickets and said he would feel bad selling them. Wouldn't even let me buy him a beer. He easily could have made a couple grand on these tickets and there we were, sitting there for free! Russia 4, Canada no score, but one hell of an experience all the same!

That sounds like the coolest guy of all time. I am insanely jealous of you. I have never gotten any ticket hook ups that I didn't have to pay for. Maybe one day I can have a cool story.

I don't have a really cool story about it... but my dad played golf with an old guy we called Mr. Nick for many years... I played golf with him too for many years and he was really nice. My dad used to help him with stuff around his house too.

In 2002 Mr. Nick's health started going down hill... he and his wife had been going to the Master's since 1952... they had two badges for all four days. So since he couldn't go, he started giving them to my dad. I was able to go to the Master's five years in a row 2004 thru 2008 with my dad and some buds I took down there. I was there when Mickelson won his first, and that was the same year I was standing at the ropes behind #17 when Tiger made bogey on Sunday to take him out of contention... his face was as red as his shirt when he walked by me... it was awesome.

The only good hookup I have, the Hurricanes did a promotion last season where if you had bought tickets through the college night program, you could register to get 2 free tickets to one of two games in the season. So I register thinking, yeah these will be nosebleeds but at least it's a free ticket so I decided to take my dad with me. We get there and I hand my ID to the guy giving out the tickets, he hands me an envelope and I open it up and to my surprise I see our tickets are center ice, right behind the penalty box, Row E. So not only did I get to take my dad to his first hockey game, I got to sit 5 rows off the ice. It was awesome.

I highly recommend to anyone travelling to away games...contact ticket offices of other sporting teams in the area to tell them you are coming, especially if you are in a group. Last season I had the Coyotes offering us a 30% discount on tickets and sent me two freebies just for asking. I gave the freebies to a couple that were in Phoenix already and they were sweet tickets. doesn't always work, but never hurts to send off an email.

Archived