• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just wondering why all the hate for Armanti Edwards?

firemoose

I’m a newbie to this forum but not to other Panthers boards. But I have been reading the comments on here for several years now. I was just wondering why all the hate on here for Edwards. Do you haters want him to fail? What purpose does it serve if he does fail? All it would do was make the haters feel better about themselves but it hurts the TEAM in the process. Whether you wanted him or not we drafted him, he is on the team now, and if you were a true fan you want everyone to do the best they can for the team so we can win. Isn’t that what is most important in the end? I hope the kid turns out to be a great player or even a good player. He seems to have a great heart and only wants to play the game, no matter what they ask him to do. This seems to put him way ahead of a lot of the “I’m only out for me” group of idiots that are on every team around the league. I would take one player any day who is excited just to be able to play over a dozen who are only in it for themselves. I hope Edwards succeeds, but if he doesn’t, I don’t believe it will be from lack of effort. If he is successful, however, I only hope all the people who have been putting him down since before the draft will have the guts to come on here and admit they were wrong. Only time will tell on both counts. Good Luck to the Panthers for the upcoming season and good luck to all the players on the team, including Armanti Edwards.

I don't Huddle fans 'hate' him...but smaller schools, listening to the media, reading draft boards - all those mediums put Armanti as a late round selection. What we gave up to get him has many fans upset.

Not me though - I love the fact the Panthers knew who they wanted and went and got them.

From what I've read here since the draft the people that think Edwards will fail are in the minority and a few are that were originally are coming around to the idea that he could be great. Like many said, most were upset about the cost for getting Edwards, but thats a point of contention just like anything else. Really the only true hater is Panthro.

i have seen two things that could possibly be construed as "hate" for edwards...

1) shouldn't have traded a 2nd next year for him (although few will say they aren't happy he is on the team)

2) he isn't as good as homer gantt says he is (although he is still pretty good)

calling that hate is a stretch, though.

before he was drafted there might have been a few things said but even that was isolated and far from the norm.

so far he has done nothing but impress everyone but remember it is still just shorts and they haven't even gotten to training camp. it's easy to look good in shorts. i think he will be good either way, though. that sentiment is shared by most on here from what i have seen.

OK, I apologize. Hate was too strong a word. How about disparage? It just seems that each time someone posts something positive about Edwards, 4 or 5 chime in and put either the poster or Edwards down. I’m just saying give the kid a chance before we give up on him.

i have seen two things that could possibly be construed as "hate" for edwards...

1) shouldn't have traded a 2nd next year for him (although few will say they aren't happy he is on the team)

2) he isn't as good as homer gantt says he is (although he is still pretty good)

took the words right out of my mouth. the hate isn't for edwards himself, it's scorn for a front-office decision that many see as blatant stupidity (edwards was a projected sixth-rounder, and so on.) i seriously doubt anyone besides NFCS foes wish failure upon him.

Archived