• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Another depressing dog thread

88 Bronco

Thanks. The vet hinted that this was the best course of action. I just finished burying him and planted a dogwood to mark his final resting place. I figure in a few weeks I'll smile at the concept of a dogwood planted on a dog. He was a damn fine dog and one of the greatest friends any man could want.

Nicely done.

It's never easy to let a beloved pet, dog or cat go. It doesn't get easier for me with any animals I have had the misfortune of having to put to sleep. I had always hoped that mine would go peacefully and painlessly in their sleep. I am sorry for the loss of your dog. It sucks for us to have to let them go...but you know in your heart it was the right thing to do. I think there will be plenty of tails to chase and bones to chew in his new place. I am sad for you...I know how it feels all too well.

wow...this thread is a curse...my wife just called and said she on the way to the vet with one of my daughter's cats. It had a bad leg a couple months back and some pain killer seemed to fix it up pretty good and he was doing great. Now all of a sudden, he can't seem to move either of his back legs. No sign of injury, nothing obvious, seems comfortable until you touch his hips....doesn't sound too good. She's going to be devastated.

wow...this thread is a curse...my wife just called and said she on the way to the vet with one of my daughter's cats. It had a bad leg a couple months back and some pain killer seemed to fix it up pretty good and he was doing great. Now all of a sudden, he can't seem to move either of his back legs. No sign of injury, nothing obvious, seems comfortable until you touch his hips....doesn't sound too good. She's going to be devastated.

I'm sorry to hear about the cat. I hope it's nothing serious.

Archived