• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Washington Nats Thread

Squirrel

Nats fan here. Can't wait to see Strasburg but I'm a bit more excited about the possibility of Roy Oswalt..

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/roy-oswalt-would-waive-no-trade-clause-to-go-to-the-nationals.html.php

Looks like he'd be willing to waive his no trade clause to come play for the Nats. That would make our pitching rotation ridiculous, especially for next year. We'd have Oswalt, Strasburg, Zimmermann, and Wang if he's able to come back healthy.. man I really love the direction this franchise is heading. Plus, we're about to draft Bryce Harper(who I know probably won't play for another couple years)...

The only thing I'm afraid of is we might have to give up quite a bit to land Oswalt.

Nats fan here. Can't wait to see Strasburg but I'm a bit more excited about the possibility of Roy Oswalt..

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/roy-oswalt-would-waive-no-trade-clause-to-go-to-the-nationals.html.php

Looks like he'd be willing to waive his no trade clause to come play for the Nats. That would make our pitching rotation ridiculous, especially for next year. We'd have Oswalt, Strasburg, Zimmermann, and Wang if he's able to come back healthy.. man I really love the direction this franchise is heading. Plus, we're about to draft Bryce Harper(who I know probably won't play for another couple years)...

The only thing I'm afraid of is we might have to give up quite a bit to land Oswalt.

Hell, I don't care. Spend the money. If you build a team, the fans will come.

I also like the direction the franchise is heading in. And I like that the front office is actually willing to spend the money to make this a competitive team. We made that clear with Strasburg. We're already doing better than Pittsburgh and Baltimore right there.

With Strasburg, Zimmerman, Harper, Zimmermann, Morgan, Willingham, Zimmerman, Norris, and there may be a few other Zimmerman's in there too, we have a team that is poised to be a contender in the very near future, and (barring an almost unavoidable talent pillaging by the Yankees and Red Sox) a team that can be competitive for years to come.

a thread without posters for posters without a thread

come lurkers, this place is for you!

kcfkhx.jpg

Yeah, I live in DC and have never met a Nats fan. Where are you guys from?

Virginia Beach.

The Nats could really capitalize on building a strong fan base right now. They are showing signs of being a contender, biggest prospect since Dwight Gooden about to come up, and if they somehow could land Oswalt how could people not show up and support the team?

Indeed. Ratings have already gone up like 40%+ from last year, and Strasburg coming in is only going to make those increase further.

Hell, I don't care. Spend the money. If you build a team, the fans will come.

I also like the direction the franchise is heading in. And I like that the front office is actually willing to spend the money to make this a competitive team. We made that clear with Strasburg. We're already doing better than Pittsburgh and Baltimore right there.

With Strasburg, Zimmerman, Harper, Zimmermann, Morgan, Willingham, Zimmerman, Norris, and there may be a few other Zimmerman's in there too, we have a team that is poised to be a contender in the very near future, and (barring an almost unavoidable talent pillaging by the Yankees and Red Sox) a team that can be competitive for years to come.

They're doing what they have to do to keep our talent here. The owner is the richest owner in baseball, and wants to make the team competitive and win, which makes me excited for the future.

Can't wait for this damn road trip to be over.

I have nothing against the Expos, but i'd prefer they not get too popular because I love seeing the braves play for free-$10 nine times a year. I've literally been handed free tickets three different times. Twice while standing in line at the ticket booth, once while changing trains on the metro. If they aren't free, I just buy the $10 cheap seats, and sit anywhere i damn please cause no one is ever there.

Archived