• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Something wrong up in here

sunbunny

it's the internet in general. it's turned into just a big hamster wheel of the same sentences said over and over. nobody tries to be funny on their own anymore by saying creative things, they just repeat something they heard, and usually it's lowest common denominator humor.

there are a lot of genuinely funny people around here like meat and panthro. but for the most part when i venture outside of the tinderbox i just see the same run of the mill jokes said with different phrasing, trying to one-up how crass the last person to use the same joke was.

every time i read the word "women" i sigh because i know i'm about to see 20 different guys who think the word "sammich" is funny. it's so tedious.

it's the same reason music and tv and movies suck. creativity is dieing in our culture.

I actually think your font is the reason people are leaving.

I usually skim the threads here...post occasionally. It is not the same as it was a couple of years ago....but I still am hoping.

There are some wonderful people here. It is fun to feel like I have friends here. I will never forget the tremendous support I received about 3 years ago when I lost my job (due to deliberate misinformation by someone who wanted me out of her way...and has since gotten a promotion). That was the absolute low point in my life (other than the death of people I loved). The encouragement and support was so wonderful. It felt sincere and was very meaningful. I was fortunate to receive 2 good job offers within a week, but I will never forget how everyone here helped me. It was a very difficult time made easier by my friends here. . That is part of what keeps me around. There are some really good people here.

But things have changed, not for the good. Some really great posters have left. I miss them. The general IQ and maturity level seems to have declined ( for lack a better way of saying it). I love intelligent humor....and there are some really funny people here. Problem is, IMO the crass immature stuff, seems to have taken over.

Those old, great posters........ please keep posting. Some of the newer ones....grow up just a little please.

This may be too serious a response....but it comes from my affection for the Huddle.

Well hello...I've been lurking and not posting much.

I agree with lp and cosmo on some general changes that have occurred on the huddle. It hasn't been the same the last year....a lot of the old posters have gone elsewhere which makes the huddle less appealing for me.

The same types of threads are repeated over and over. I have been lurking more as there hasn't been a lot of news and life has been a lot more busy. I did pop in since SLJ sent a shout out....I will come back more often....maybe.

Archived