• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Front Office got into Steve Smiths Head

chknwing

Its obvious that the front office has been drilling the same thing into Steve Smiths head over and over again. They think they have found his successor in Armanti Edwards and want him to take him under his wing. Watching Steve Smith the other night during his interview was sad. To here him say he just wants to fade out. Steve Smith has been the most "in your face" type player for years, hes a guy that I would expect would want to go out on top, but now he wants to fade away. I think management has brain washed Smith into thinking this way. I just wonder how it will affect his game, will he play like he is the best or will he play like hes fading away?

i don't know....maybe smith is just ..ummm...growing up? it happens, you know.

when he stopped the TD celebrations it was because he wanted to be a better example to his kids. there are more important things than football. even to the likes of steve smith.

Its obvious that the front office has been drilling the same thing into Steve Smiths head over and over again. They think they have found his successor in Armanti Edwards and want him to take him under his wing. Watching Steve Smith the other night during his interview was sad. To here him say he just wants to fade out. Steve Smith has been the most "in your face" type player for years, hes a guy that I would expect would want to go out on top, but now he wants to fade away. I think management has brain washed Smith into thinking this way. I just wonder how it will affect his game, will he play like he is the best or will he play like hes fading away?

unless Smitty retires today, he will fade away. That is just being realistic. No matter how great guys are they eventually start to lose it....they can still be productive but they aren't the same guy they use to be. Smitty knows if he wants to play as long as his body will allow that he won't be the dominate WR we have grown to love. He is just showing that during those years he wants to he helpful to a team.....instead of just being the guy who use to be great. He wants to be the guy that was great but is helping others attempt to be great.

Smitty is just talking intelligently imo.

If you have heard Smith interviews over the years you know that he is introspective and candid on interviews. He is not planning to play until he can't anymore and has already ventured into financial planning and various businesses.

He knows that he is going to play for the next 3 or 4 years and will move on. He is just saying that he is going to work with the younger guys who will eventually replace him. Plus he would actually like to have someone else replace him as the go to guy which would make it easier to get open and contribute.

But I really doubt that he will fade away or play with less enthusiasm on the field. When he puts on the chinstrap his competitive juices flow and he is all in. He is just finishing one phase of his life and moving onto the next. That is what he is reflecting on in his interviews these days.

i don't know....maybe smith is just ..ummm...growing up? it happens, you know.

when he stopped the TD celebrations it was because he wanted to be a better example to his kids. there are more important things than football. even to the likes of steve smith.

Uh...he stopped the TD celebrations because the League banned them.

The league did not ban TD celebrations - they did come up with some rules such as the football couldn't be used as a prop and no orchestrated team celebrations. SS did quit the planned celebrations because of setting an example for his kids AND Keyshawn had suggested that he should act like he had gotten TDs before and would again.

The league did not ban TD celebrations - they did come up with some rules such as the football couldn't be used as a prop and no orchestrated team celebrations. SS did quit the planned celebrations because of setting an example for his kids AND Keyshawn had suggested that he should act like he had gotten TDs before and would again.

in other words, fug you nytrogen, you're retarded.

gg, bro

Archived