• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Men that wont babysit their own kids...

TheSaint

i have no life anymore since my daughters been born. work the weekdays, then watch my daughter on the weekends because my wife works the weekends.

She works the night shift at a hospital as a nurse.

I have no time for anything(well maybe the huddle) but in all honesty, I wouldnt have it any other way. It is very tiring but we have both also bonded because of it.

I have a friend who is like this with his son... I don't get it... His wife has to take the little one with her everywhere she goes, or either find someone to watch him, while dad does whatever... It puts a lot of strain on their marriage, and she's a good woman for handling it the way she does, and stays with him...

Me personally, I plan on being more involved than my wife... I feel like she'll have already lugged him around for 9 months (he's due at the end of August), so I get to do so for the next 9... I look forward to doing it all even longer, actually...

Sure, there are always fears of doing something wrong, but hell, I figure if Neanderthals could do it, I can...

Me personally, I plan on being more involved than my wife... I feel like she'll have already lugged him around for 9 months (he's due at the end of August), so I get to do so for the next 9... I look forward to doing it all even longer, actually...

Sure, there are always fears of doing something wrong, but hell, I figure if Neanderthals could do it, I can...

Its a good way to start. I didnt spend as much time with my daughter for the first couple of weeks because she was basically attached to my wife. but when my wife had to go back to work and I had to watch my daughter it was a disaster. She wasnt used to me and pretty much would cry all night. Now things are good because she finally got used to me and I make it a point to spend as much time with her as possible.

I have a friend who is like this with his son... I don't get it... His wife has to take the little one with her everywhere she goes, or either find someone to watch him, while dad does whatever... It puts a lot of strain on their marriage, and she's a good woman for handling it the way she does, and stays with him...

If your wife has a C-section you'll def. get plenty of time with him. My wife was bed ridden for 3 days and even still she had a hard time moving around the first week or so. I got to hold him from the moment he was born until his first feeding in the recovery room. Good stuff

hey z does ure wife breastfeed? I would think it would be difficult after a c-section.

Yep. They told us it actually helps the uterus heal faster due to the contractions. He stopped taking the boob around 2 months and now she pumps and we bottle feed.

He's actually on stage 1 food now. We started rice cereal a couple weeks ago and have since added peas, carrots, green beans etc.

I know all kids are different but ours really seems to be growing too fast lol. Between solid foods, him being in the 98th percentile in height, and him trying to crawl/having the ability to roll over from both tummy and back, we're wondering just how fast he'll grow. Hell, he even gets around the house in a walker. Is all that normal for a 4 month old?

For the Cesarian thing...

I was reading a book last night that said that bills for those can push $15,000 compared to the $5-6,000 of a normal birth... Is that true?

Si senor!

I think our insurance was billed for 18k by the hospital.

Yep. They told us it actually helps the uterus heal faster due to the contractions. He stopped taking the boob around 2 months and now she pumps and we bottle feed.

He's actually on stage 1 food now. We started rice cereal a couple weeks ago and have since added peas, carrots, green beans etc.

I know all kids are different but ours really seems to be growing too fast lol. Between solid foods, him being in the 98th percentile in height, and him trying to crawl/having the ability to roll over from both tummy and back, we're wondering just how fast he'll grow. Hell, he even gets around the house in a walker. Is all that normal for a 4 month old?

my daughter breast feeds and bottle feeds from me. she is rolling over and trying to crawl. (she uses her legs but hasnt figured out that u have to use ure hands also) but no solid foods yet.

Walker at four months is probably fast but not that unusual. Lucky you. He'll probably be the first in his class to ask where babies come from.

Archived