• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Men that wont babysit their own kids...

TheSaint

I changed my profession when my daughter was born. I was a carpenter, now I do remote network and software maintenance with VPN's and such. I get to spend all day every day with my daughter, who is now 15months old. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

yep, i know someone like this. he claims to have never changed a diaper in his life. he just says "babe, _____ needs to be changed"

they have like a 5 year old and a 18 month old.

My husbands dad was this way. They had 2 kids and he didn't change even 1 diaper. He NEVER had them by himself. From the stories I've heard he sounded completely disinterested in his children (still is for the most part). He has NEVER hugged my husband or my husbands sister or told them "i love you". It bothers me and to make it worst his behavior is constantly excused from many stupid reasons.

I hear about guys like this from time to time from my wife. Maybe I'm just a softie but I really enjoy taking care of my little guy.

To me there's nothing better in this world than your child looking at you and you can see in his/her eyes that they feel safe and secure with you. This happened the other night while he was drifting off to sleep, he woke up suddenly-looked at me- and completely relaxed and fell asleep.

I don't imagine you develop that kind of trust if you never take care of your kid.

I'd like to think if I had a kid, I'd be willing to explain things to it in a proper fashion rather than saying 'STFU' or 'GTFO MY WAY.

To me, that makes all the difference in the world between a well behaved child, and a child that's acting out for attention or just plain out of control.

EDIT: This dude I know married a pregnant stripper (not his baby, one of his friends baby) and is the only one that works making less than 10$ an hour while he gets 5k back in taxes every year from the government.

Anyway, she banned him from Final Fantasy Online on the Xbox 360 indefinitely because he stayed up all night playing the game and didn't get any sleep, then whined about having to watch the kid while she went to hang out with 'some guy friends she hasn't seen in awhile' even though he'd agreed to several days before.

True story.

Archived