• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Super Mario Galaxy 2 Review at Gamespot

10 outta 10. Keep in mind, the game doesn't release until Tuesday, so this rating is probably a little biased. But still, its only the 7th perfect score they've given out. Take it for what its worth.

Please note, if you have any sort of animosity toward Nintendo, the digital blowjob that Gamespot gives this game will make you vomit.

It may be easy to take one look at Super Mario Galaxy 2, see the same gravity-altering traps and spherical worlds from its predecessor, and dismiss this as a by-the-numbers sequel to the superb original. But by assuming you know what to expect from Mario's latest adventure, you would be doing yourself and this game a great disservice. This is not only the new standard against which every 3D platformer must now be judged, but it also seamlessly integrates so many elements from Mario's 2D roots that it stands toe-to-toe with even its genre-defining progenitors. Every aspect of this game is absolutely bursting with joy. The vibrant artistic design immediately welcomes you into this colorful world, and the catchy soundtrack deftly mixes classic tunes with new compositions to provide the perfect backdrop for you goomba-stomping, star-snatching fun. But it's the expertly designed levels that will keep you coming back, even after you've seen everything this game has to offer, just to experience it one more time. This is an instant classic that belongs alongside the best games Nintendo has ever created.

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/supermariogalaxy2/review.html?tag=topslot;img;1

Fer da record......IGN also has its own review out. 10's across the board.

By now it's a given that any game in the "Super Mario" franchise is a project Nintendo takes seriously. Even last year's New Super Mario Bros. Wii, a game that I felt played it a little too safe, was still an incredibly fun throwback to what made (and still makes) the classic 8 and 16-bit installments such timeless videogames. Super Mario Galaxy 2 has a stigma similar to last year's Mario game: the Galaxy design already wowed us three years ago, so Nintendo would really have to work hard to make jaded gamers stand up and take notice.

And that's what Nintendo did.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/109/1091239p1.html

Wii just passed PS3 for most good exclusive titles. Only 20 more games to go to beat xbox.

It won't beat X-Box. And the thing is, Wii's exclusive's are the ONLY good games, period. The rest are horrible ports of games off other systems.

Its the same problem with the DS. If the game doesn't have the word Mario in its title, it simply isn't worth playing. I'm tired of games that my son can beat in about 30 minutes. At least with Mario Kart, we can do the download play and go against each other and it never gets old.

Its the same problem with the DS. If the game doesn't have the word Mario in its title, it simply isn't worth playing. I'm tired of games that my son can beat in about 30 minutes. At least with Mario Kart, we can do the download play and go against each other and it never gets old.

I've heard the Castlevanias for the DS are the only reason to own one.

Archived