• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Dark side got ahold of this one... lol...

Samuel L. Jackson

So... he goes to shows and takes the fans money, but the guy tries to ask him some questions about how the role affected his life and he acts like an asshole.. nice.

Just so I chime in here... PM sucked ass, hated it completely from day 1. ATC was about a 3 out of 10 and ROTS was the best prequel, but compared to the originals it sucked too. The only "good" part of ROTS was the Darth Vader stuff at the end.

I admit it wasn't great, but it was the best of the prequels in my opinion, and nothing Star Wars will ever be terrible!

Ewok? Ewok 2? Star Wars Christmas special? Greedo Shooting first?

Lucas has bastardized and watered down the whole series from the minute ESB came out. It's been totally downhill from there. And yes, the new poo is terrible. The only reason ANYONE over the age of 12 even watches it is because it has "Star Wars" attached to the top of it.

Nostalgia is a biatch.

Ewok? Ewok 2? Star Wars Christmas special? Greedo Shooting first?

Lucas has bastardized and watered down the whole series from the minute ESB came out. It's been totally downhill from there. And yes, the new poo is terrible. The only reason ANYONE over the age of 12 even watches it is because it has "Star Wars" attached to the top of it.

Nostalgia is a biatch.

meh... All those examples were cool in their own right...

Tell kids today, who's first experiences with Star Wars is the prequel trilogy, that they sucked... I see them as more of a platform for today's kids to progress into the original trilogy... Which if it works, and they enjoy it, it is a success... Commercially and from a story telling perspective...

you can justify it however you want to. regardless of their perceived function they were abject failures in storytelling, acting and filmmaking. Like I said, if they didn't have "Star Wars" tacked to the front end, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

^this^

One hundred times...

Anyone who says that the anything after the first one was great is simply full of poo. Lucas' writing when it came to dialog was never any good. Mark Hamil was a whining little bitch from day one and fuging HORRIBLE to boot. Carrie Fisher was only marginally better and I attribute that to her drug use.

Once you get over the fact that it represented a evolutionary step forward for modern science fiction in the cinema and judge it by the standards of plot, acting, and cinematography then it just doesn't hold up.

And BTW...I love all of them in spite of the fact that the Fast and Furious series is better

*highfive*

Archived