• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Drug Testing

The Faceless

I never saw anybody when I worked at a grocery store get drug tested unless they wanted to fire them. They never drug tested anybody who was in good standing. Not saying you wern't but those were my experiences.

I would only smoke when I knew i didn't have to work for at least 5 days. I don't do it much anymore.

I am in very good standing actually...if it comes down to my store manager making the decision, he will be in my corner 100%. These kind of things come down from the corporate ass clowns.

For a job like that they should let you slide unless a higher up finds out. The only people I've ever seen drug tested were lazy and they just wanted an easy excuse to fire them.

Try not smoking weed every single day. It's not good for you. No matter how you use it absorbing that much THC every day just isn't good for the brain chemistry.

For a job like that they should let you slide unless a higher up finds out. The only people I've ever seen drug tested were lazy and they just wanted an easy excuse to fire them.

Try not smoking weed every single day. It's not good for you. No matter how you use it absorbing that much THC every day just isn't good for the brain chemistry.

According to who?

I used to be a huge pothead. But I realized weed really doesn't do much for me besides the couple hours that pretty much fly by and I barely remember what happened. All those "profound" things that I've said that when I'm high end up being extremely vague and downright goofy when I'm sober.

I will smoke up like once a month or so at a party but I just can't do it everyday anymore because my body feels so much better when I don't smoke.

More on the subject though, I just don't understand why companies drug test employees if the job at hand isn't the type of job where it matters if the employee smokes pot or not. IE - getting drug tested by Harris Teeter for a cashier position, where I was drug tested. I wouldn't know this for sure, but people like pilots need to be drug tested, not fricking cashiers.

I used to be a huge pothead. But I realized weed really doesn't do much for me besides the couple hours that pretty much fly by and I barely remember what happened. All those "profound" things that I've said that when I'm high end up being extremely vague and downright goofy when I'm sober.

I will smoke up like once a month or so at a party but I just can't do it everyday anymore because my body feels so much better when I don't smoke.

More on the subject though, I just don't understand why companies drug test employees if the job at hand isn't the type of job where it matters if the employee smokes pot or not. IE - getting drug tested by Harris Teeter for a cashier position, where I was drug tested. I wouldn't know this for sure, but people like pilots need to be drug tested, not fricking cashiers.

A little stoned...and I just made change for a 100, but only got a 10.

You are dealing with a pretty large amount of cash.

A little stoned...and I just made change for a 100, but only got a 10.

You are dealing with a pretty large amount of cash.

I used to be a cashier and would come into work blistered as can be and never had a problem with this.

Generally this would be caused by someone already predisposed to making such a mistake and then they would blame the pot because after all nothing could be wrong with the person himself right?

...So I went into work today and lucky ole me gets to have a random drug test. I have been smoking weed pretty much every day for 3 years lol. Anyways, the last time I smoked was last night around 10. The test was a swab test.

I obviously brushed my teeth very well like I do every morning and had 2 cups of black coffee before I left and 1 more when I got to work.

Made sure to not let the swab touch my gums as much as possible.

I've heard of people taking it having smoked a day before or even hours before being tested and passing, but knowing my pooty luck I will walk in to be handed a pink slip.

Just wondering if anyone else has taken this before or knows anything about this kind of test

Any news?

So yeah it's been a week and haven't heard anything, I'm thinking I'm going to be ok.

I would still be careful. That's when they spring another one on you. You might want to invest in that mouthwash. Or worse yet, give you the pee test!

(Again, a little paranoia is a good thing.)

For those wondering why they would drug test grocery store shelf stockers the answer is simple. Most companies do a few random drug tests a year to keep insurance costs down. If you follow certain drug testing guidelines the insurance companies provide certain financial breaks.

Archived