• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Drug Testing

The Faceless

...So I went into work today and lucky ole me gets to have a random drug test. I have been smoking weed pretty much every day for 3 years lol. Anyways, the last time I smoked was last night around 10. The test was a swab test.

I obviously brushed my teeth very well like I do every morning and had 2 cups of black coffee before I left and 1 more when I got to work.

Made sure to not let the swab touch my gums as much as possible.

I've heard of people taking it having smoked a day before or even hours before being tested and passing, but knowing my pooty luck I will walk in to be handed a pink slip.

Just wondering if anyone else has taken this before or knows anything about this kind of test

Well I wish the best of luck to you, but if you do end up getting fired, and please don't misinterpret this, it's your fault.

I don't think he was trying to blame anyone else so what good does your snide comment do?

Well I wish the best of luck to you, but if you do end up getting fired, and please don't misinterpret this, it's your fault.

sad, but true. I think anyone who is subject to random tests should find another habit!

Sucks dude.

Just demand to be retested because it was in error.

You'll then be prepared to pass it if you plan ahead.

Lol I was already planning on what to say as soon as I got done taking the test.

I just think its poo that I might be oppressed because of something I do outside of the confines of the workplace that doesn't bother or hurt anybody.

I don't think he was trying to blame anyone else so what good does your snide comment do?

I'm just stating a simple fact of the matter. I'm wishing him the best of luck because I'd hate to see anyone lose their job over something as trivial as smoking weed, but at the same time if he's going to hold a job where he's subject to random testings maybe he should re-evaluate what he does in regards to weed in his personal life, or maybe the kind of job that he holds.

Its just my two cents on the matter.

Swab test? What's that? How does it work?

My job requires a urine and hair test randomly. If someone came up dirty on the pre-employment, they still get hired but get retested for the next 6 months and they have to show a redustion in levels. I live in Cali and it is no problem if you want a Medical Marijuana card but because of my duties, I still get fired if I come up positive.

To OP, when I worked for Halliburton, we gave dirty test result employees a second chance if they enroll in a drug program and then they could come back. See if that is an option for you. Most programs are expensive but if you look really hard, you can find one for about $200.

Good luck.

Swab test? What's that? How does it work?

My job requires a urine and hair test randomly. If someone came up dirty on the pre-employment, they still get hired but get retested for the next 6 months and they have to show a redustion in levels. I live in Cali and it is no problem if you want a Medical Marijuana card but because of my duties, I still get fired if I come up positive.

To OP, when I worked for Halliburton, we gave dirty test result employees a second chance if they enroll in a drug program and then they could come back. See if that is an option for you. Most programs are expensive but if you look really hard, you can find one for about $200.

Good luck.

It's where they give you a thick piece of cotton to chew on and it is supposed to pick up the chemical byproducts in your saliva.

I guess one of those programs would be better than losing my job, but I feel like it would be a waste of money...I don't need to be "rehabbed" just for smoking the ganj.

*putting on nag hat*

If you were that concerned about your job, you wouldn't have done the drug. There are countless thousands out there looking for work right now. You're not going to get a ton of public sympathy.

How's your health prognosis anyway...

Archived