• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Could use a little legal advice...

SorthNarolina

What do they get for you being so negligent in your duties which is what caused the problem in the first place?

Since when has that ever been a disqualification of a case..

Case in point...hot coffee spilled in lap.

I'm not saying what's legal. I'm saying what's right.

I work in retail. I'm very aware of how entitled people are. I personally try to turn people away from that attitude whenever possible.

The school would do best by doing something. The school shouldn't HAVE to do something.

What do they get for you being so negligent in your duties which is what caused the problem in the first place?

I think in one of my posts you should find where I said the cops, security, and some administrators told me my irresponsibility was overridden by the incompetent woman at the front desk.

You also posted somewhere earlier asking if I would have sought compensation if they dropped it or broke it on the way to lost and found. The answer would be no because that's an accident that happened while following the rules. That's when I would tell them that if I hadn't of lost it I wouldn't have been broken. It's a moot point. Accident = Accident.

Giving the laptop away did not occur while following the rules. She literally didn't follow any of the rules they had in place, none of them. I shouldn't have lost it but she shouldn't have given it away. Negligence/Incompetence > Accident.

A few hours ago I just got a call from one of the Presidents of Student Affairs and she told me they were going to put a $500.00 "scholarship" in at the bookstore in my name and I could go order/buy it through the bookstore. She said they were very sorry and they didn't follow protocol. I told them I greatly appreciated their efforts looking for it and for compensating me.

The 500 dollars is more than fair, it's about right when you consider all of the running around I had to do to replace all of my notes and papers. It got stolen 5 days before exam week.

I don't really like taking money from an educational institution but my dad is telling me not to worry about it. He was a college administrator/professor for 35 years so I trust his opinion. The money most likely came from one of the President's discretionary funds which they reserve for snafu's like this.

Once you posted the problem here...they caved in. Never underestimate the power of Zodville.

By they way, can't believe the instructor did not hold on to the thing a little longer. And why didn't he/she give Lost and Found your name? Why bother to find out who the laptop belonged to if they were just going to dump it in lost and found with no identity?

Once you posted the problem here...they caved in. Never underestimate the power of Zodville.

By they way, can't believe the instructor did not hold on to the thing a little longer. And why didn't he/she give Lost and Found your name? Why bother to find out who the laptop belonged to if they were just going to dump it in lost and found with no identity?

I'm not sure, I called about 12 hours after I got the message. The Professor seems like a very intelligent person I think the laptop exchange so many hands that things just broke down which caused the snafu.

The woman at the desk seems like the boob in this situation. She said he described he laptop to a T, apparently "laptop in a black bag" is pretty detailed for her. I found out she was a work study so at least it wasn't a full time employee that did it.

Archived