• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Told you guys Sorny was gonna start chargin' ya

ChucktownK

And the worse part about that is companies like cracktivision have dumb@ss marketing people calling the shots on what games WILL and WILL NOT be made. Sad truth. It's caused a lot of good game ideas to fall through the cracks and be forgotten.

Really? Marketing execs are calling the shots on game dev direction?

I'm saddened by the lust of money these days. It's become out of hand.

I work in the Computer tech side of things... and I'll say the technology exists to make a games like no other. The raw horse power of current off-the-shelf computers were running entire businesses less than 10 years ago. The 3D-capabilities are coming close to the point where they rival or exceed the tech like what was used to make the earliest CGI movies (I watched The Last Starfighter last week... my comp could render thousands of times more polygons than was used in that movie).

And yet, we get garbage offerings all the time.

I work in the Computer tech side of things... and I'll say the technology exists to make a games like no other. The raw horse power of current off-the-shelf computers were running entire businesses less than 10 years ago. The 3D-capabilities are coming close to the point where they rival or exceed the tech like what was used to make the earliest CGI movies (I watched The Last Starfighter last week... my comp could render thousands of times more polygons than was used in that movie).

Kotick couldn't tell the IW guys what to do so they bounced. Treyarch...different story. ATVI puts their grubby lil hands all in the design. I was pissed when my buddy told me. They really don't care about quality. I used to test there years ago. They are the ghetto game company.

The average home PC now is capable of studio productions that are every bit as good as mid 90's professional production studios, and way better than what they had in the 80's.

Of course, analog studios still sound better than digital.

Archived