• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fiz's 5 Players to watch in 2010

Fiz

Mackenzie Schwartz Robinson

Yeah obviously this isn't a player but the Panthers have three capable bodies on the offensive line and one spot for them. Mackenzie and Schwartz performed admirably at tackle after Gross and Otah got hurt last year, but now one of them needs to step up and play RG.

When in the hell did Mackenzie play tackle drunk ass? He stepped up and played left guard already. He played well for a guy from Bentley College of Cooking and Retail. Wharton and The Dude played left and right tackle.

Fake bewbs. Hope you found out for yourself though.

The point about it being way too early to know much for certain is correct, but we can speculate (Lord knows nearly everyone in football media is doing it).

I don't think Barnidge is getting higher than 3rd on the depth chart unless one of the guys ahead of him gets traded or hurt. He's very impressive in minicamp, but once the pads go on and the hitting starts he languishes. Sure, that could change, but he hasn't put on any more muscle that I've heard of, so I'm not holding my breath.

Edwards has the potential to be a great #3, but I just don't see him getting the #2 job this year, or next. Truthfully, I'd rather he didn't. Williams and Stewart don't break those big runs without great downfield blocking, and Edwards isn't likely to give us that. Add in that he got knicked up a few times in college, so I think using him the right way will be important, at least for his rookie year. And honestly, I'd rather have a taller, bigger option opposite Smith, not another of the same type, especially in the red zone.

Little doubt Johnson will start. Hoping to see the best he can bring as a full-timer. Lord knows he's had flashes the past few. He's not Peppers, but as I've said before I'll take a guy who's solid and gives his all every play over a superstar who doesn't always bring it every time. Maybe he and Brown together are at least close to what Peppers could be.

Schwartz got the first team snaps at minicamp, and Bernadeau is more versatile as a utility guy. Barring a big push from Robinson, I think Schwartz starts, Robinson backs him up and Bernadeau backs up center and left. If this line gels and we can keep Kalil, we could have one of the best young lines around for a while.

Martin's back at his natural position after what turned out to be an ill-conceived switch to corner. I figure he'll get the free safety spot and Godfrey will take over for Harris.

Archived