• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Iron Man is a ripoff of Batman

Matt Foley

Billionaire playboy, inherited wealth, gadgets galore, haunted past

The main difference is Batman's identity is a secret, but they couldn't completely rip off the character. Secondary difference...Iron Man has no Joker, just a bunch of villains who ripped off his stuff.

My theory...because the villains aren't over-the-top goofballs.

That and the fx are better AND Scarlett is in IM2, which trumps any chick in Batman.

I don't think Iron Man was better than Batman Begins or The Dark Knight... Haven't seen IM2 yet though...

As far as "getting back to your comic book roots," yes, Tony Stark is a similar character to Bruce Wayne...

I was referring to BB in my post above... TDK was good, but not great.

Good God, Batmans wanna be Girl Friend was the brokeback mountains sister!

She maybe is the uglyest freaking actress out there...I think her name is Molly Glyanhal?!?!?

Otherwise, I have never really thought about this comparison...it brings up a good point. However, u must take into consideration that Iron Man is Marvel Comics and Batman is DC comics. So its not like its one comic company trying to milk the audience on a "hot trendy superhero".

However, in a fight, as much as I hate to admit, Ironman wins.

The Iron Man movies were just riding the coattails of Batman Beings/DK. I can see where there are similarities as both tried to move out of the "comic book universe" and more into the real world. The Batman reboots are much better though. As far as characters go, yes they are similar but a lot of comic-book characters follow the established superhero archetypes.

Wealthy playboy superhero, yes. Other than that, the differences stop there. Being that Wayne has beaten Superman, I would think that he could find a way to defeat Stark as well.

I have had to argue with many a people about how Batman beat the holy hell outta Superman.

ANYways, Batman and Spiderman are more alike. They are both considered the perfect example of an "anti-hero". Haunted pasts from murdered family members, vigilantes, secret identities, and conflicts with moral roots make their stories closer than comparing Bruce Wayne to Tony Stark. GRANTED Peter Parker and Bruce Wayne when not in costume are almost opposites.

Not just wealthy. Both Stark and Wayne are wealthy beyond reality. They're both geniuses, but geniuses don't usually make money, so they both got their money from their parents. It's almost like Marvel saw Batman and said "hmm, let's tweak this and tweak that, but the man whose only superpower is his unlimited checkbook is too good not to do."

Archived