• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Amsterdam

davos

The city is shaped like a horseshoe and there are canals on just about every street so it is easy to get lost.

As far as weed, remember it is tolerated not legal. You can still get in trouble if you smoke it in the wrong place. Just smoke in the coffee shops and you'll be fine.

Go see some great art while you're there (give the modern art gallery a miss). Drink great beer then sober yourself up with some of the best fries on the planet (try frites "special" with curry ketchup). Have a nightout at the legendary Melkweg (FYI Amsterdam doesn't tend to be a late night city, so you'll need to figure out where stays open). Put a few Euros in the automat at Febo to get a late night snack. Find the best Indonesean restaurant you can and treat yourself to a rice taffle. It can be pricey, but it's such a great collection of food.

Most importantly keep your head on a swivil when crossing the street. You've got to watch for bikes, cars AND trams.

The city is shaped like a horseshoe and there are canals on just about every street so it is easy to get lost.

As far as weed, remember it is tolerated not legal. You can still get in trouble if you smoke it in the wrong place. Just smoke in the coffee shops and you'll be fine.

Go see some great art while you're there (give the modern art gallery a miss). Drink great beer then sober yourself up with some of the best fries on the planet (try frites "special" with curry ketchup). Have a nightout at the legendary Melkweg (FYI Amsterdam doesn't tend to be a late night city, so you'll need to figure out where stays open). Put a few Euros in the automat at Febo to get a late night snack. Find the best Indonesean restaurant you can and treat yourself to a rice taffle. It can be pricey, but it's such a great collection of food.

Most importantly keep your head on a swivil when crossing the street. You've got to watch for bikes, cars AND trams.

Yeah, I'm planning on seeing a lot of art & architecture...its why I'm there

so I'm definitely pumped

dude....if you truly want to experience something phenomenal...try to get back to Amsterdam on a day that the Dutch are playing in the World Cup....I promise, you've never seen anything like it.

dude....if you truly want to experience something phenomenal...try to get back to Amsterdam on a day that the Dutch are playing in the World Cup....I promise, you've never seen anything like it.

The Dutch do know how to party for sporting events. Ive had 1st had experiences with them at the Tour de France and the World Championships (cycling).

Rode my bike thru the Dutch fans on Alp D'Huez. They had been there drinking for a few days...threw beer and water on me...felt like i was in the race. :D

I'm pretty sure the city cracked down pretty hard on the hookers. Shrooms too.

Cannabis is all good though, one problem they're having is the weed is getting too potent and making people retarded.

Not in the RLD they haven't...

There is a such thing as cannabis that is too potent?

Not in the RLD they haven't...

There is a such thing as cannabis that is too potent?

They've been pushing the RLD further out of the city, it's not dead it's just being pushed out of the spotlight. They don't want to become the new Las Vegas.

too much of anything can be bad, and when you make pot legal that allows them to make advancements much quicker in breeding etc. So if you smoke some of their best stuff all of the very minor problems of weed are amplified.

Also because the weed is legal you have the same problems that tobacco had and still has concerning pesticides and fertilizers. If you buy weed from a big grower most likely you will be smoking some pesticides and fertilizers as well. It can get even worse since cannabis isn't as thoroughly regulated as tobacco.

This is one of the reasons cigars taste better than cigarettes is because they used higher quality tobacco and they try to not use any inorganic fertilizers/pesticides.

One benefit of weed being illegal in the US is most of it is organically grown because the growers either can't afford the expensive pesticides/fertilizers or they don't want to draw attention by buying up large quantities of it. So we get nice organic weed by default. When it becomes legal suddenly we'll have to pay twice as much to get organic weed which is a shame.:(

Not true.

There are several other countries that have good teams that can't ever finish...

Archived