• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can Defense sustain Peppers loss?

brian

Other teams had to gameplan for Peppers and to a lesser extent Beason. Now all teams really have to worry about is Beason. Hopefully somebody on the d-line will step up, but I'm not optimistic. I don't think there will be a huge dropoff, but I don't expect to be nearly as good either.

Truth be told there are a lot of question marks going into this season, and defense is the least of them.

Either way it goes, it's going to be a very interesting season.

Teams did not have to gameplan for Peppers as much as you might think. Watch the games. Peppers was consistently blocked man-on-man....he was not double teamed. Peppers was an athletic freak, but was vastly over-rated as a players. He would make a few spectacular plays....then disappear.

With Brown, Johnson, Norwood, Hardy, Brayton....I think the DE position will be fine. I am more concerned at DT and stopping the run. I like Tyler and Leonard (the short time we saw them last season). Stopping the run will be the key to this defense's success.

Archived