• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

3 options for getting a new 360

SorthNarolina

fanboy alert

What makes him a fanboy by suggesting that he could get a PS3 instead.....it seems to me that you're the fanboy in this thread. I own both and sure X360's are great for multiplat games but the first party titles on PS3 are second to none and thats really what having a console is all about.

What makes him a fanboy by suggesting that he could get a PS3 instead.....it seems to me that you're the fanboy in this thread. I own both and sure X360's are great for multiplat games but the first party titles on PS3 are second to none and thats really what having a console is all about.

The OP asked about the 360. I own all 3 current gen systems, plus a PSP and DSi. When someone asks about the DSi, I don't suggest the PSP or vice versa. What would be the point?

What you think of games are your opinion. The 360 and PS3 are hurting on first party exclusives. If that were the point of the thread, you would have a point.

But it wasn't the point, was it?

The OP asked about the 360. I own all 3 current gen systems, plus a PSP and DSi. When someone asks about the DSi, I don't suggest the PSP or vice versa. What would be the point?

What you think of games are your opinion. The 360 and PS3 are hurting on first party exclusives. If that were the point of the thread, you would have a point.

But it wasn't the point, was it?

No the point is he is looking into buying a new console so some of us will be honest and say pros and cons for each and try to inform the person as best as possible before they make a large purchase. One of the biggest points in the discussion of consoles is first party games so you're incorrect to suggest that it has no merit being in this thread. Also we are on a "discussion board" maybe you caught that first word....this place is for discussion and debate I'm sorry that you are narrow minded and feel like debate is a bad thing. Oh but you must be a member of the internet police....I'm sorry I'll take my ticket without any trouble and be on my way.....

I recommend returning it. You'll wind up getting a replacement console, rather than getting your console fixed. And it'll come with a free 1 month xbox live card.

It could be 2 weeks until you get your console though.

I'm not really a big gamer it's been broken for months. I don't know if they replace consoles or not because the first time it broke they didn't sell any without an HDMI port but mine came back still without one.

I bought it about 3 months after it came out so it's an oldie.

Well actually I think they send out refurbished consoles rather than entirely new consoles as a part of the repair process. I would think that they would send you back a console with the hdmi port, but I could be wrong.

In my experience, I've always gotten back replacement consoles. And both times I had to transfer my data to my new console since it would have a different serial number, so it wasn't the same one I sent in. The one I have right now also has the HDMI port, but I don't use it.

No harm in getting a new console though. If you're willing to pay for it, then go for it. They're probably much more stable than replacement consoles anyways. And you won't have to wait 2 weeks.

Archived