• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Russell Crowe gets pissed....again

Jangler

While Russell Crowe may have told interviewers a few days ago that he was "a lot calmer now," he still seems to be a tad prickly. The Robin Hood star stormed out of an interview with a BBC reporter asked whether he meant to sound Irish in his upcoming film.

"There were hints to me Irish," said BBC Radio 4 interview and art critic Mark Lawson, speaking about Crowe's accent in the film. Crowe responded flatly, "You've got dead ears, mate. You've got seriously dead ears if you think there's an Irish accent."

Crowe explained that his accent comes from the historical record of Robin Hood, before grousing further, "I'm a little dumbfounded you could possibly find any Irish in that character. That's kind of ridiculous. It's your show. Whatever.”

When Lawson asked if Crowe was instead going for a Northern English accent, Crowe sarcastically replied "No I was going for an Italian [accent], yeah. Missed it? F--k me."

The final straw came when Lawson attempted to ask about reports that Crowe intially wanted to axe his famous line "I'll take my revenge in this life or the next" during the production of Gladiator one decade ago. Crowe stormed out, muttering, "I don't get the Irish thing, brother. I don't get it at all."

We guess Lawson is just lucky there wasn't a telephone handy.

You can hear the whole interview below:

What do you think?

Archived