• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Woodson not re-signed by Hawks

pantherfan49

As a Hawk fan, this has to be one of the best days in my Hawk fan career. The guy ran non stop ISOs for JOE JOHNSON in the playoffs, even when it was clear that would not work. It didn't work for Jordan, it won't work for Joe JOHNSON! Now, if we can get rid of Josh Smith and bring in a true point we will be fine.

lol..yeah, bring back Sam Vincent why don't you.

As a Hawk fan, this has to be one of the best days in my Hawk fan career. The guy ran non stop ISOs for JOE JOHNSON in the playoffs, even when it was clear that would not work. It didn't work for Jordan, it won't work for Joe JOHNSON! Now, if we can get rid of Josh Smith and bring in a true point we will be fine.

lol..yeah, bring back Sam Vincent why don't you.

I think hawks fan will be disappointed when you get what you asked for. Say what you want... the man developed that talent and improved the team every year. I think he got the max out of his players which as all you can ask. You have a bunch of iso, one-on-one type wing players on the team....That's not the coaches fault... that's the GM's fault. They brought in a lot of talent... but that talent is not very compatible... to me that's the issue with the hawks. Not the coach

Woodson had reached his peak there in Atlanta. Yea, he turned that franchise around, turned them into winners, but that squad is no more than a 2nd round playoff team. He wasnt a very good offensive minded coach either, and it showed with him constantly trying to ISO Joe Johnson.

Unfortunately, I agree with others, and believe Atlanta is about to go back to being the Hawks of old lol. So really, Woodson might be leaving at the right time lol.

Archived