• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

3.0 GPA is that sufficient??

Dpantherman

How old are you now and what field are you in?

Very embarassed to say it, but I'm 28 and a content writer for an e-commerce site. I made much more money when I was 20 and a manager of a retail store, but I hated the work. So I decided to go back to school and get my degree in literature.

Of course, I knew that wasn't the most profitable path. Still, in my current job I've really developed a lot of skills that will certainly lead to something down the road. It's a trade-off. I probably would never have found a job that lets me do the sort of things I do now without the experience I've amassed here.

When I feel I am really, really qualified for those high-paying jobs in my field, I'll leave here with some great experience. Still, it's very degrading for me to make less than I did fresh out of high school. :rolleyes:

Very embarassed to say it, but I'm 28 and a content writer for an e-commerce site. I made much more money when I was 20 and a manager of a retail store, but I hated the work. So I decided to go back to school and get my degree in literature.

Of course, I knew that wasn't the most profitable path. Still, in my current job I've really developed a lot of skills that will certainly lead to something down the road. It's a trade-off. I probably would never have found a job that lets me do the sort of things I do now without the experience I've amassed here.

When I feel I am really, really qualified for those high-paying jobs in my field, I'll leave here with some great experience. Still, it's very degrading for me to make less than I did fresh out of high school. :rolleyes:

Well there's no shame in having a steady job that gives you experience in your chosen field. Having a job you enjoy is very important.

I must admit that I got really fortunate coming out of college to get a job in my field and get the experience I have. Started out doing production work and thru some hard work, a couple of good breaks and making friends in high places I ended up running a good business.

Well there's no shame in having a steady job that gives you experience in your chosen field. Having a job you enjoy is very important.

I must admit that I got really fortunate coming out of college to get a job in my field and get the experience I have. Started out doing production work and thru some hard work, a couple of good breaks and making friends in high places I ended up running a good business.

Well, to be honest, I don't really enjoy my job. I enjoy some aspects of it, though, and hope to find a job devoted to those areas a bit more in the future. But you're right -- I am happy to just have a job in my field. A lot of people are nowhere near that fortunate. I always try to look at the bright side of things.

Nearly every job I've ever interviewed (or even applied for) claimed they required at least a 2.75 (with most being a 3+). These were all jobs listed on the schools career center site though. Most jobs listed on company websites or job boards don't have GPA requirements. If you can get an interview, GPA doesn't really matter because it's up to you at that point to sell yourself.

A 3.0 is probably a solid GPA if you aren't considering going to grad school. Don't settle for that though. If you have a 3.0 right now and you have a few years left, you can definitely bring that up with some solid semesters if you really wanted to. I got a 3 B's one semester and it brought my GPA down, but I was able to recover most of it back. It is easier to lower your GPA than to raise it though.

so what are you doing these days Arsen? I know you had made a few job posts in the past, have you found anything in your field yet?

Not yet, bunch of interviews tho. They must be afraid of my accent.

When are you moving to DC?

A 3.0 is probably a solid GPA if you aren't considering going to grad school. Don't settle for that though. If you have a 3.0 right now and you have a few years left, you can definitely bring that up with some solid semesters if you really wanted to. I got a 3 B's one semester and it brought my GPA down, but I was able to recover most of it back. It is easier to lower your GPA than to raise it though.

I got 3 C's and still pullout 3.4

Archived