• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

30 days before World Cup!!

pstall

If you are brave, chug a beer every time one of those clowns acts like he just had his leg broken.

It is annoying and yes they look big vags 99% of the time, but there's a good reason for all the diving and embellishment. Players are trying to set a tone for the game and get fouls called early so the refs will keep the match safe and punish liberally. Both sides want this. One bad tackle can end a career.

Click here to see what a bad tackle can do.

You don't see injuries like this in any other sport. Joe Theismann and Shaun Livingston are exceptions. Back when I played, I saw my friend's tibia sticking out of his leg after a play that wasn't even dirty - a 50/50 challenge. He was 14 years old.

It is annoying and yes they look big vags 99% of the time, but there's a good reason for all the diving and embellishment. Players are trying to set a tone for the game and get fouls called early so the refs will keep the match safe and punish liberally. Both sides want this. One bad tackle can end a career.

You don't see injuries like this in any other sport. Joe Theismann and Shaun Livingston are exceptions. Back when I played, I saw my friend's tibia sticking out of his leg after a play that wasn't even dirty - a 50/50 challenge. He was 14 years old.

but! but! soccer is fer pussies!1 der her

go fug yourself Meat!

Damn

Fabio Capello has been informed that John Terry will definitely make the World Cup finals after the Chelsea captain suffered a foot injury in training.

It had been feared Terry's injury was a broken metatarsal, which would have ruled him out of the World Cup in South Africa, but Chelsea say scans have revealed only minor ligament damage. Terry may even be fit for Saturday's FA Cup final with Portsmouth.

Terry said in a statement: "I took a slight knock in training but with such an important match on Saturday the right course of action was to put a protective boot on my right foot and have a CT scan.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-cup/story/_/id/785594/ce/uk/?cc=5901&ver=us

There's no excuse for how they act. None whatsoever. It's cheating, pure and simple.

and it happens in all sports in one way or another, but it is very true that they have made a mockery of soccer with all the diving etc. They have made an effort to minimize it though and with the world cup there will once again be off field officials using video etc in direct contact with the ref etc too. I think, just like hockey, soccer could use a two ref system to help as well.

Has anyone paid attention to what Maradona has done to the Argentinian side? Good lord he's definitely back on blow.

From the roster I've seen, they could seriously end up playing with one midfielder...

I have already said he is going to be the reason they lose.

and it happens in all sports in one way or another, but it is very true that they have made a mockery of soccer with all the diving etc. They have made an effort to minimize it though and with the world cup there will once again be off field officials using video etc in direct contact with the ref etc too. I think, just like hockey, soccer could use a two ref system to help as well.

They're trialling four linesmen in the Europa League I think.

It simply needs video replay. It'd cut out so much of the cheating that goes on. Not to mention the poor refereeing decisions that influence games.

As for Argentina, they're leaving out at least two world class players for no reason. I personally love it, but obviously that's because I want England to finally pick up a second star.

Archived