• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Next New Panthers Coach

brian

I believe Cowher is already designated as the next coach. It's a good fit. He lives in NC. He wanted to get back in coaching this past year, but suddenly his interest waned when it was announced that Fox would be back for the final year of his contract. He could have had any number of open jobs, but suddenly withdrew.

If we don't win the SB this year, I will be shocked if Cowher isn't the new HC. I only see Fox coming back IF we win the SB, but even then, it might not be enough to get him a new contract. Heck, if we win that, Fox will no doubt be a hot commodity and might not want to come back, he might ant a fresh start as well. This good season-bad season cycle is getting old. We have a young team with some good talent at key postions. Lets get a coach who can mold that into a bonfide program.

Cowher's winning percentage without Dick LeBeau as his DC is worse than John Fox's career winning percentage. Dick LeBeau is the one to give a lot of the credit to for those winning seasons.

I think if Bill Cowher was brought in, he would have no problem getting a very good DC. And at 53 he is still got some good years of coaching if his hearts in it.

I think Cowher has a shot if Fox can't get us 10 wins this season.

In my opinion Guyinchesapeake made some really good points in his first paragraph, Cowher would be a perfect fit here in Carolina because...

His philosophies are practically identical to John Fox's.

Both love a power running game, which we have, and a SOLID defense that plays possessed for 60 minutes, which unfortunately as far as we know, we currently no longer have. Hopefully we'll see some of our young guy's step up in 2010 and make strides to put our D back on the map.

Plus it's just awful funny that once it was announced tha Fox would be returning for his final year and no efforts had been made by JR to extend his contract, Cowher signed a contract with CBS's The NFL Today, "coincidentally", good for one year...

Yes Cowher and Fox are basically carbon copies of each other and could be brothers, but I for one would welcome Cowher with open arms as there are 2 major differences between the two of them:

1) Win-Loss record/win percentage

Fox: 71-57.....55% winning percentage

Cowher: 149-90-1.....62% winning percentage (which to me is all the more impressive considering Cowher has appeared in over 100 more games as a head coach yet still has a pretty big lead over Fox in his percentage of overall wins.

2) Super Bowl Rings:

Fox: 0

Cowher: 1

^ Nuff said. ^

In my opinion Guyinchesapeake made some really good points in his first paragraph, Cowher would be a perfect fit here in Carolina because...

His philosophies are practically identical to John Fox's.

Both love a power running game, which we have, and a SOLID defense that plays possessed for 60 minutes, which unfortunately as far as we know, we currently no longer have. Hopefully we'll see some of our young guy's step up in 2010 and make strides to put our D back on the map.

Plus it's just awful funny that once it was announced tha Fox would be returning for his final year and no efforts had been made by JR to extend his contract, Cowher signed a contract with CBS's The NFL Today, "coincidentally", good for one year...

Yes Cowher and Fox are basically carbon copies of each other and could be brothers, but I for one would welcome Cowher with open arms as there are 2 major differences between the two of them:

1) Win-Loss record/win percentage

Fox: 71-57.....55% winning percentage

Cowher: 149-90-1.....62% winning percentage (which to me is all the more impressive considering Cowher has appeared in over 100 more games as a head coach yet still has a pretty big lead over Fox in his percentage of overall wins.

2) Super Bowl Rings:

Fox: 0

Cowher: 1

^ Nuff said. ^

coaching years: Cowher 20+ to get his ring

John Fox coming into his 7th year.

Archived