• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Heartbreak

Miaoww

As has been said already, time heals all wounds. I bet there's not a single person in this thread -- myself included -- who hasn't gone through similar heartbreak and seen no end in sight. But you've got to realize that there will come a day when that heartbreak is just a fleeting memory, and you'll actually be able to look back with fondness at the scenario (while probably in a much better relationship).

Always remember that and know it in your head if not your heart. It's normal for us to feel; if we didn't, what's the point of it all?

In the meantime, just keep yourself busy. I would actually say don't go looking for a new girl -- just enjoy the single life for now and what happens, happens.

Be glad that you can still hurt.

At some point down the line, I think the loving part of my brain shut down in an attempt at self preservation. And now I find it hard to really "care" about anyone. If you can still hurt, you can still allow yourself to get close to someone.

Oh, I didn't really give advice, did I?

Um...

Hookers and blow.

Once, after my 2nd divorce, I got some of the best advice from a very close friend.

"The best revenge is for you to live a good life."

Try that after the hurting stops. It is important for you to go thru the hurt as part of the healing process.

Good luck my friend and if that doesn't work, do what Captroop suggests.....

• 2 weeks later...

Bringing a thread up from the past I know..... but I tried some of the advice on here.

The list thing really helped at first, and the spending time with friends thing did too. So much so that I've found someone else through that - ok so it's not the healthiest thing 'cos we're both on the rebound, but we both know it's just about the sex and it's going nowhere. All the cards are on the table y'know?

So thanks again guys.

A good friend of mine suggested the list thing to me when I was going through it. It really does help if any of you get blindsided like Miaoww did. Yeah, partly. But anyone grieving needs rationalization to survive. "He or she is in God's hands now" can be the difference between one hour of sleep and five hours.

Have a stricter qualification process.

Nothing wrong with getting out and finding someone else, but don't invest everything you have emotionally into that person for a LOOOoooonnnng time (post strict qualification process). If it's meant to be, it will be. Or else you'll just end up like others that end up in multiple divorces/relationships.

Strange doesn't mean relationship.

Oh...and avoid destructive behaviour and emo crap...does you and no one else any good.

Have a stricter qualification process.

Nothing wrong with getting out and finding someone else, but don't invest everything you have emotionally into that person for a LOOOoooonnnng time (post strict qualification process). If it's meant to be, it will be. Or else you'll just end up like others that end up in multiple divorces/relationships.

Strange doesn't mean relationship.

Oh...and avoid destructive behaviour and emo crap...does you and no one else any good.

Well like I said we both know where this is going, nowhere, so it doesn't apply to this. I'll try and follow that advice next time I meet someone though.

Archived