• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

EA to charge extra for used games

TerriblePizza

HD-DVD was hype and so is blu-ray. I have both players and dozens of movies on each format. But when I'm looking for a new movie, am I going to pay $30+ for a blu-ray or $15-20 for a DVD that I can still watch in 1080p? Granted, it does not have the superior sound of blu-ray, but is sound really worth double the cost?

The DVD's you watch are upscaled not true native 1080p such as Blu-Ray. And there's only around a $10 difference between most movies that are on DVD/BR in stores, so that's not doubled the price.

So, saying the sound is the only quality different from DVD and Blu-Ray is just silly.

So if you don't prefer true HD video, more special features and better sound quality with your movies, then you shouldn't even have a Blu-Ray player.

The DVD's you watch are upscaled not true native 1080p such as Blu-Ray.

And many movies on blu-ray are not true native 1080p. Watch Total Recall, for one example.

And there's only around a $10 difference between most movies that are on DVD/BR in stores, so that's not doubled the price.

I guess that depends where you shop. I never pay full price for anything; most of my movie collection is the result of bundles, promotions, sales, etc. My entire HD-DVD collection (about 30ish movies) set me back less than $150.

Most of my blu-rays are box sets.

So, saying the sound is the only quality different from DVD and Blu-Ray is just silly.

Depends on the movie

So if you don't prefer true HD video, more special features and better sound quality with your movies, then you shouldn't even have a Blu-Ray player.

:rofl:

Take silly things personal?

And many movies on blu-ray are not true native 1080p. Watch Total Recall, for one example.

Some old movies probably aren't, because they're re-mastered for HD anyway. So some may be 720p, still HD though.

Depends on the movie

Exactly. Besides.. why are you knocking the price of HD, when DVDs were first out for some quite time, they cost around 40 bucks....

No lol. Just giving advice.

Hidden

Some old movies probably aren't, because they're re-mastered for HD anyway. So some may be 720p, still HD though.

Depends on the movie

Exactly. Besides.. why are you knocking the price of HD, when DVDs were first out for some quite time, they cost around 40 bucks....

No lol. Just giving advise.

Archived