• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Iron Man 2

pstall

Looks to me like just another superhero movie, nothing special. Enjoyed the first one at first, but when I saw it the 2nd time around I liked it a whole lot less. Seeing it tonight though.

I saw it yesterday and I enjoyed it. There were some great action scenes, good funny spots, strong dose of sarcasm with explosions. Works for me! I knew Thor was the next in the next series, but we've now had 2 references to Captain America in previous movies but instead we get Thor... They can churn out a quick (and likely disappointing) Thor movie a lot easier than they can a Cap flick, I guess. A Cap movie must be done the right way, bottom line. If Thor fails in an epic fashion, I wouldn't mind seeing him written out of the Avengers movie.

I saw it yesterday and I enjoyed it. There were some great action scenes, good funny spots, strong dose of sarcasm with explosions. Works for me! I knew Thor was the next in the next series, but we've now had 2 references to Captain America in previous movies but instead we get Thor... They can churn out a quick (and likely disappointing) Thor movie a lot easier than they can a Cap flick, I guess. A Cap movie must be done the right way, bottom line. If Thor fails in an epic fashion, I wouldn't mind seeing him written out of the Avengers movie.

Cap isn't even a founding member of the Avengers. They've already pretty much re-written the story to not include Ant-Man/Hank Pym/Goliath/whatever else you want to call him and The Wasp and replaced them with Black Widow, granted Hank Pym and Wasp are pretty lame, they cannot write Thor out.

It would be pretty cool if they wrote in the West Coast Avengers and let War Machine head that up with the likes of the Thing, Human Torch, US Agent, Moon Knight etc.

Also, I will be disappointed if Rick Jones and Hawkeye don't make an appearance somewhere.

Cap isn't even a founding member of the Avengers. They've already pretty much re-written the story to not include Ant-Man/Hank Pym/Goliath/whatever else you want to call him and The Wasp and replaced them with Black Widow, granted Hank Pym and Wasp are pretty lame, they cannot write Thor out.

come on. joined in the 4th issue, that's close enough for the movies' purposes.

the concept of the Avengers is, and has been, simply the best and brightest forming a team. i think anyone who has been a member is fair game for the movie. hell i think spider-man would be a good choice, and he didn't join until the 90's.

i think the movie Avengers will be Iron Man, Cap, Thor, Black Widow, Hulk (ed norton), War Machine, and maybe Hank Pym and Wasp.

It would be pretty cool if they wrote in the West Coast Avengers and let War Machine head that up with the likes of the Thing, Human Torch, US Agent, Moon Knight etc.

can't do that, they have the same actor playing Human Torch and Captain America. utterly terrible decision in my opinion.

Archived