• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Got a B in college algebra!!

Dpantherman

Hey man... I got a B in college algebra too! Pissed me off to no end. I e-mailed my professor (this was last spring) to ask her wtf happened. I got like a 75 on the final (which, according to her was one of the highest in the class) and she didn't curve it. She thought I should consider myself "lucky" to have gotten a B because of the final grades were D's. REALLY?!

I was doing "college algebra" in the 7th grade! How did I go thru high school doing much more advanced stuff, then get to college algebra and get a fuggin B?

Just drink it off.

"Imaginary" numbers are just used to represent the roots of negative numbers, since no solution to x^2+1=0 could be found in the realm of real numbers. Basically it's just an easier way to express a root of a negative number when dealing with polynomials that don't work out easily. To my knowledge they don't have any real application in traditional mathematics but do play an some role in algebraic structure.

At Clemson Calculus II is the most failed course easily. Most people cope with the lower ones pretty easily though.

One of my surveying courses ended up being the hardest math I took because our textbook suuuuucked and our classes were about 45 mins long.

No i know that much.

But sqrt(-1) means nothing to me

So there is no way I could conceptualize the rest of the excercise

Well there's your problem.

If God meant for math to be conceptualized, he would have stopped before he invented differential equations.

Archived