• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How do I handle this?

pstall

About two years ago I provided a detailed idea to the bank where I work. My idea ended up saving them about 200-400k a year. I got a decent cash reward and a promotion.

Well, the last year or so I sat in meetings with a former boss. They asked for my input and I gave them tons.

Now almost all of the ideas I suggested they are using, even nationwide and I'm not getting squat.

I want to be a team player and not appear to gripe but man, these are some huge changes that impacts thousands of people, for the better, saves time and money and really I'm getting nothing. Not even a hey pstall came up with this in an email.

Any ideas?

Something similar happened to me at my last job. I spent 18 months traveling all over the country (and I hate travel) helping to deploy new tech to try and save the company around $1,000,000.

Even though the project manager was an idiot and decisions she made were going to prevent us from meeting that goal, I played along and busted my ass (mentally, physically, time-off, everything), and got 98% of the project done.

Then... my review came up. I got a "meets expectations" and a 3% raise. Even though the work I was doing was WAY above, beyond and outside what my job title was, I got a measly 3% raise. I had a 6% raise the year before, for doing a third of the work.

Within 3 months, I was working for a new company. I took a 2k pay cut, but my responsibilities were maybe 25% as stressful and difficult as my former job. Not that it's been a bed of roses at the new job... nothing ever is... but it was the only way I could give a middle finger to the assholes that had me running around like a mad man for a year and a half, with nothing to show for all that hell I paid.

With raises and occasional OT, I'm back to where I was. But I'm convinced I did the right thing. Turns out they had a big fire sale at my old job and the ***** that wouldn't big me any credit or reward for working hard got poo-canned.

Archived