• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Today's office debate: Best old trucks

pstall

Any 40s era truck. Either Ford or Chevy, both look great. And although my family has it's roots in GM, this is one of the rare instances where I might give a slight edge to Ford.

2A8F5D3A-3970-46D1-A309-EE1711457AA2_1.jpg

One of my dream projects has always been to restore a truck based on the Queens of the Stone Age, "Go with the Flow" music video; painted matte black with red highlights and some design painted white on the hood.

truck.jpg

real_truck.jpg

1955-1959 Chevy Cameo trucks (Many of today's styling que's owe their start to this truck series!)

1952-1956 Ford Truck F1, F2 & F3's (Trucks were trucks and the Ford flat head V-8 was king!)

1940's era Dodge Power Wagon (developed for the US Army in WWII, used as truck, ambulance, troop carrier, etc. Came home to peace time US and set the standard for 4WD!)

1920's REO Speedwagon (Before the name became a band in the 70's-80's, there was a real REO Speedwagon! REO stands for Ranson E. Olds, he sold his car manufacturing to his partner (Who kept the name Oldmobile) and concentrated on trucks. Eventually contentrating on Semi's as Diamond REO's (Another name that a band ripped off!))

1917 Ford Model T truck. First commercial truck from Ford.

Willy's made a truck also. And, just like their JEEPs and cars were easy to work on and lasted forever!

(Kind of ironic when you think about it. The JEEP is one of the top ten reasons the allies won WWII. And that a German Company, (Daimler-Benz) would own it one day!)

Archived