• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My discovery in Las Vegas

methodtoll

So most of you were aware that my wife and I went to Vegas last week. We stayed at the Mandalay Bay Resort where we had the choice of two rooms, which one was actually a handicap room but it was suppose to provide the best view. We had a incredible view of the strip, the desert, and the airport.

One evening, we made reservations to a nice restaurant inside the Mandalay Bay. We had some time to kill so we explored a little and then went back to the room to get ready. As my wife was taking a shower, I was doing a little plane spotting at the airport (always had some sort of fascination with planes) and I notice something toward the closest side of the airport to our view...

evidenceA.jpg

I present to you "evidence A"

You may ask, "What exactly does "evidence A" pertain to? " and to answer this, I have another little side story:

One day, out of boredom, I began to look things up on youtube (just random topics) and I eventually came across the topic of Area 51, the popular secret military that supposedly doesn't exist. One interesting video had these facts on two ways Area 51 employees are transported to the base. 1) is by bus, which is normally you can spot simply because the bus has no logo on it and plus the windows are very tinted. The other way is by plane...

The plane that takes these employees to the base are known for also not having a logo and also doesn't have a number like most planes do. Furthermore, they have a red stripe that goes across the middle to the tail like the ones in the picture above. There is one other thing that stands out:

evidenceB.jpg

Evidence B shows a gated and guarded entrance. While the picture does not show much and looks like a typical airplane gate clearence, video has shown that anybody that even comes close to the gate will have the Las Vegas police following you.

So to conclude, I really didn't think that I would discover it, I figured that they keep their planes out of sight but I was quite surprise how close they were.

I've seen that 737-100 a bunch. My wifes step brother "allegedly" boards that plane everyday. He is in some type of radar field in the air force. But this was all told to me at a bar one night on the strip.

How diabolical the government is! They deleted your pics! Further proof that Area 51 does exist!

Wait, they are back! You sir have Jedi powers!

I figured I would be arrested or shot by posting these pictures.

I am probably going to have federal agents at my house in the morning :D

did you eat at Aureole? Its very good.

Actually that was the restaurant that we made reservations for... Great food and they give us a free complimentary dessert since it was our anniversary :-)

The restaurant that we loved the most though was The Mesa Grill which, for anyone who watches Food Network, is owned by Bobby Flay

This isn't anything new. The History Channel had a whole special on Area 51, the buses, and the flights to and from it every day from Vegas. Working there and it being there aren't "secret," what they do there is.

I know, I just thought it was kind of cool seeing them in person instead on TLC or whatever documentary comes on T.V.

Actually that was the restaurant that we made reservations for... Great food and they give us a free complimentary dessert since it was our anniversary :-)

The restaurant that we loved the most though was The Mesa Grill which, for anyone who watches Food Network, is owned by Bobby Flay

after being on planes all day...we get to Vegas around 10pm...we stumbled upon Aureole. I knew it was good, but it was late, close to their closing time, and we were not actually dressed appropriately. They kindly seated us, treated us wonderfully and we had one of the top 5 meals of our life..and the best bottle of Pinot ive ever had. And im not a Pinot fan.

Il always be a fan of Aureole. I dont think Mesa was there at the time, but id love to try that too!

We also ate at Craftsteak. It was ok, but not great...id like to give Tom Colicchio a piece of my mind.

ate at some other great places.

Archived