• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Go Matt! ..or Clausen, just WIN!

brian

I'm ready for a Carolina qb to take the starting job and run with it for the rest of his career. I know that is rare in the nfl nowadays but it would be nice to see. I will give it to Jake, he lasted longer than I thought he would, although the last couple of years he should have been riding the bench until his contract was up, lol. Very good team leader though, I thought.

I really don't care which qb is given the starting job this year. I figure it will be Matt's but who knows, Clausen may surprise us his rookie year and take over. I'm sure the MM camp would just hate that, lol. Not sure why though, you'd think Panthers fans would care less about which guy gets the starting job, and more about the team winning. Guess winning isn't as important than being right.

Which ever is fine with me though, just win!

Not sure on the depth of receivers to throw to?? Teams are just going to shut down our running game if all we have is Steve Smith for them to double up on. Not sure of the rookie Lafell. Anyone out there in free agency worth making a difference for the Panthers?

Don't get offended if people leave sarcastic remarks to this. It's a good first post but people might give you a ribbing since it's nothing that hasn't been disscussed before.

We aren't going to be signing any FAs as we have a very tight budget. A lot of our own guys need to be resigned next year and the labor uncertainties means JR has tightened his belt.

We have 3 WRs in this years draft so odds are we should have a hit somewhere. Maybe 4th time will be the charm with jarrett. Wallace wright is a ST guy.

Those 5 guys and smitty are our stable of WRs look at them and pick a favorite because we aren't signing anybody.

Not sure of the rookie Lafell. Anyone out there in free agency worth making a difference for the Panthers?

Actually, I don't see us taking anymore WR's in FA. I'm pretty sure the Panthers coaching staff has all the recievers it want's for now(we currently have 11 WR's on the roster) and granted all of them save for Smitty are unproven, believe it or not there are some pretty talented unknowns among the other 10.

They seem to be putting in alot of work with Armanti Edwards (Smitty's supposedly taking time with him and helping him learn the rope's) and obviously we're hoping LaFell and Gettis will work out and develop into something worth a sh*t. If not, young undrafted FA's we've already picked up such as Trent Guy(Louisville) and Oliver Young out of South Carolina State may just be hungry enough to show up to training camp and show some of our drafted WR's how it's done and possibly take somebodies job. And hell we've still got Dexter Jackson, Wallace Wright, Kenny Moore, Charly Martin, and...shudder... Dwayne Jarrett. While we can't keep all 11, I feel sure the staff will retain the best 6 or so, on the active roster.

I'm confident that there is at least a couple of quality recievers among our sh*tload of young unproven guy's, we'll just have to wait and see which one's show up wanting it more! To me that's one of the great thing's about this "youth movement", all of these guy's have a chance to make a name for themselves amongst our abomination of a WR depth chart, and you better believe all of these young guy's are gonna be scrappin tooth and nail with Dwayne Jarrett, Kenny Moore and Charly Martin (aka "White Chocolate") for their job's come August camptime...

Competition, it's a GREAT thing!!!

Archived