• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Any theologians out there?

Well, for midterm week this past semester I came to the Huddle for some help on an essay question, your responses helped me get an A- on a paper worth 30% of my grade.

It is now finals week, and I am in need of some more essay help. This time, it is for my theology class. Since its such a specific topic, I figure anyone with some education in Theology or a profession in this field will be of some help.

I need to use evidence from the Gospel of Luke to explain, in a 3-5 page essay, the unique role of women the author presents to his readers.

Any help is greatly appreciated, and I look forward to hearing your responses.

Thank you!

Luke was a gospel written to appeal to a Roman audience (i can give proof if you need it). I'd research and see if the Romans viewed women as more of equals than the Jewish culture of that time (which i think they did). It could have been apart of the appeal.

Some theologians believe the gospel of Luke was written by a woman because of the differing status of women compared to the other gospels. Jesus seemed to have many women in his circle of friends. Only in Luke does an angel appear to Mary to tell her about her conception. 2 of the gospels don't cover Jesus' birth and the other has the angel appearing to Joseph.

Thats all I've got.

Luke was a gospel written to appeal to a Roman audience (i can give proof if you need it). I'd research and see if the Romans viewed women as more of equals than the Jewish culture of that time (which i think they did). It could have been apart of the appeal.

Some theologians believe the gospel of Luke was written by a woman because of the differing status of women compared to the other gospels. Jesus seemed to have many women in his circle of friends. Only in Luke does an angel appear to Mary to tell her about her conception. 2 of the gospels don't cover Jesus' birth and the other has the angel appearing to Joseph.

Thats all I've got.

The Romans at the beginning of the principate (the empire) treated women very good in comparison to the rest of the world. Not nearly equals, but they had way more rights than any other woman from another culture.

Archived