• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Owl City - Fireflies

dimbee

"Fireflies" - Winner of the most overplayed radio song in 2009.

I thought it was catchy also when I first heard it but then when it got to the point where you couldn't turn on the radio without hearing it or go on the interent without some teenager playing their rendition of it and at that point I felt that it needed to be destroyed. Even my 5 year old duaghter would ask for it to be turned off because she said it was a song for babies.

This was the first time I'd ever heard of it.

Wanna join me in my bunker? Hubba, hubba!!

I think Death Cab belongs in a different category than postal serivce or owl city. They're a lot more gifted in song writing. The Postal Service's tracks are insanely simple.

Ummmm...hate to break it to you but Death Cab IS The Postal Service

Not really a fan. I can just barely stand the dude from Death Cab/Postal Service to enjoy the music and this is the same thing but just taking it way too far down the gay scale.

Doesn't help that it's not really original, but I can see how the track could be catchy to peoples.

I really pay less attention to the words than I do to the actual musical composition. The beat/rhythm/hooks are all very catchy to my ears, and that's what I dig. With that said, the vocals and lyrics don't really bother me at all when I consider the motif behind the song.

I really pay less attention to the words than I do to the actual musical composition. The beat/rhythm/hooks are all very catchy to my ears, and that's what I dig. With that said, the vocals and lyrics don't really bother me at all when I consider the motif behind the song.

How did you miss "Cuz I get 1,000 hugs from 10,000 lightning bugs"?

Archived