• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Internet Service Providers

DeAngelo Stewart

I just moved down to Charlotte in February and signed up with TWC for internet and tv. But TWC internet seems to be inconsistant at best and I am not happy with them at all. Plus their upload speeds suck.

If you have DSL, could you tell me who you have and what your download/upload speed.

TWC has the fastest download speeds you'll find in Charlotte at 7 Mbps. The best AT&T and Windstream have to offer is 6 Mbps. Their upload speeds are a bit better however. If you have AT&T Uverse DSL, speeds of up to 24 Mbps are available for $65 a month. 12 Mbps is available for $45 dollars per month.

I'm so glad I don't have to deal with TWC anymore. But atleast they are trying. When I left Charlotte, they were at 2.5 mbps download and 384 kbps upload.

In Washington, I usually get around 16 mbps down and 8 mbps up. And contrary to almost everything, Comcast is a very good company. But they do charge quite a bit more than TWC.

Tensor, is that monthly cost in addition to having phone service with them? I really dont need a house phone, I am fine with just my iphone. If I can get that service, just internet alone, I would be willing to pay that.

Previously I lived in Hickory where Charter offers up to 16 Mbps and 2.5 Mbps upload and they were always consistant with their service. I loved Charter and to having to go from great to bad really sucks.

TWC has the fastest download speeds you'll find in Charlotte at 7 Mbps. The best AT&T and Windstream have to offer is 6 Mbps. Their upload speeds are a bit better however. If you have AT&T Uverse DSL, speeds of up to 24 Mbps are available for $65 a month. 12 Mbps is available for $45 dollars per month.

Not true. TWC hits 20-22mb/s at all times for me, and that's WITHOUT the 9.99 turbo boost (which will get it even further up there). I will tell current TWC this, if they have a old modem they need to call TWC. The old modems have small memory and TWC recently boosted speeds and the old modems can't handle it. After monitoring my speeds for a week I called them and basically a guy came out and gave me a new modem and all is well.

If you live in South Charlotte, I bet uVerse IS an option. That's one of the few places it's available right now and I know someone that has down there.

Ill call and find out. I have had 2 techs come out and determine my problem was a main line problem, but weeks after the work order shows completed, Im still having intermittant speed issues. I dont think the modem is my issue.

I will call ATT and see about uVerse. I would think though that the customer service people would use the same footprint that they offer on the site. Did they immediately tell you it was available to you or did you have to tell them your neighbor had it before they told you it was available?

Not true. TWC hits 20-22mb/s at all times for me, and that's WITHOUT the 9.99 turbo boost (which will get it even further up there). I will tell current TWC this, if they have a old modem they need to call TWC. The old modems have small memory and TWC recently boosted speeds and the old modems can't handle it. After monitoring my speeds for a week I called them and basically a guy came out and gave me a new modem and all is well.

If you live in South Charlotte, I bet uVerse IS an option. That's one of the few places it's available right now and I know someone that has down there.

You don't have to pay for turbo boost. Turbo boost only works for the first 10 seconds of a download anyway. With the turbo boost, I hit about 10-12Mbps, then it drops down to between 7 and 8. The upload is still woefully bad.

You don't have to pay for turbo boost. Turbo boost only works for the first 10 seconds of a download anyway. With the turbo boost, I hit about 10-12Mbps, then it drops down to between 7 and 8. The upload is still woefully bad.

I meant to say turbo charge not boost. Been downloading a large file over the last 3-4 hours, I get about 11-12mb actually, when you take boost out of the fact. Turbo "charge" should get you up there. My friend went from downloading 950k/s to 1.4mb/s with the upgrade.

Archived