• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

hangover

Ja  Rhule

chug any kind of fruit juice and water. take a multi-vitamin. Take about 2-3 showers the morning and day after, scrub every inch of your skin. Do some cardio.

Your body tries to get rid of impurities through sweat and pee. So sweat and pee as much as you can. But make sure you are staying hydrated, drink as much liquids as possible.

Don't drink more alcohol that just extends it. What I do above works just as fast. If you have a really bad one then nothing will work except time. Take something for the headache/sour stomach but that's it.

The easiest way is just through prevention, take a B vitamin, drink 1 water for every 2 beers minimum. Take a shower as soon as you wake up. If you drank so much that you wake up in a bathtub then your already ahead of the game:D

That is some great advice also. I have used the multivitamin/B vitamin and cadio thing and it worked great. Hardest part is getting out the door and getting some cardio but even a brisk walk around the block will make you feel much better. As for the vitamins, my wife has injectable B vitamins at the house and a terrible hangover is about the only time I could stick myslef but it does work.

ya...I find the sooner I get out of bed and do something, the better. Usually why road trip hangovers are so much better than home hangovers...you typically don't have the option to sleep in much!

JR...where does your wife get the injectable vitamin B? I was using some in a diet program last year and it worked really well for energy levels etc....but the program was crazy expensive!

ya...I find the sooner I get out of bed and do something, the better. Usually why road trip hangovers are so much better than home hangovers...you typically don't have the option to sleep in much!

JR...where does your wife get the injectable vitamin B? I was using some in a diet program last year and it worked really well for energy levels etc....but the program was crazy expensive!

It is prescribed by her doctor. Because Crohn's disease has taken away so much of her "insides", she is no longer able to absorbed any nutrients through food or pill form so she has to inject all her vitamins and some of her medicine. I can always tell when she takes it cause she goes from lifeless to the energizer bunny, or maybe she just has a crystal meth problem.

sounds like a lot of fun! not

the first few times I was injected I couldn't sit still, at all! Very good stuff, but just like anything else, I found my body sure got used to it pretty fast.

is she constantly scratching at invisible bugs?

Prickly Pear juice is proven to be nature's best hangover cure.

But, I will say just this: Water, Water and more Water. A hangover is basically advanced dehydration. Alcohol dehydrates you and you don't have enough water in your system to complete your Krebs cycles (And since coffee naturally dehydrates you as well, using it as a hangover cure is a bad bad idea). So chug lots of water. A few weeks ago I got wrecked at the bar and woke up Sunday at about 6 am with a paralyzing hangover. I forced down three 12 oz glasses of water, went back to sleep, and woke up at 9 am feeling much better (still a little woozy, but no headache).

Of course water alone won't do it, you also need to replenish your potassium and vitamin B, which is where fruit juice comes in. But water cures about 90% of what ails you.

I've had hangovers so bad I couldn't even keep water down. Chug a glass of water and two advil, thirty seconds later I'm looking at the advils in the toilet. Baddddd badddd badddd.....I don't drink like that any more and I sure don't miss those days.

the newscientist recently had a study based on this. their best advice.......sleep and eat food..........uh wow....

im a pro at this thing, be sure drink PLENTY of fluids. Right after its over, sometimes I drink a whole pitcher of h20. i've lost around 12 lbs(in one night) on some booze benders. drink drink drink anything if possible pound some pedialyte.

Be sure to take PLENTY of B-6 and vitamin c..... before AND after. boozing will zap those two important supplements. I take 2,500 mg of B-6 and 1,000 VC before and after.

it also a good idea to eat(good balance meal) just before the bender, a great base gos a long way. if poor dont brother.

also stay out of light helps some.

Archived