• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CoCo on 60 minutes tonight

Jangler

I see you have no idea what you are talking about as well. Conan did grow a pair, he did what he wanted to and chose his own path without having someone else tell him what to do. When NBC treated him unfairly, he decided to go elsewhere. And that takes alot of "balls"..

Good God are you kidding me? It took balls to accept a 30 million dollar buyout? It would have taken balls to tell them to shove their buyout.

Good God are you kidding me? It took balls to accept a 30 million dollar buyout? It would have taken balls to tell them to shove their buyout.

It took balls to basically tell NBC to go screw themselves after suggesting the 12 o clock slot. You act like all that money was just for him. He has many people working for him as well.

LOL. You DO understand he is free to do another show anywhere else, right? He got his money AND he'll have a chance to compete against the very people who got rid of him. I'm sorry, but you're not gonna find a buyout in that situation anywhere else. It'd be like the Panthers paying Delhomme 10 million on top of what they owed him and letting him go to the Buccaneers.

LOL. You DO understand he is free to do another show anywhere else, right? He got his money AND he'll have a chance to compete against the very people who got rid of him. I'm sorry, but you're not gonna find a buyout in that situation anywhere else. It'd be like the Panthers paying Delhomme 10 million on top of what they owed him and letting him go to the Buccaneers.

What the hell does that got to do with NBC being unfair to him and stripping him from a show where all late night hosts dream to be at? You miss the point as usual.

And basically NBC chooses its own audience...

I received a letter or post card from Nielsen TV Ratings. Is this legitimate?

We do send letters and post cards to potential participants. Both are from the President of Nielsen Media Research. We are also known as the Nielsen TV Ratings. Letters and post cards are mailed from our production facility in Dunedin, Florida, and are our way of introducing ourselves, in hopes that you will fill out the television diary soon to come.

I received a large envelope from Nielsen TV Ratings. Is this legitimate?

Yes, every year we mail over one million paper diaries to randomly selected sample households across the United States in both First Class and Priority Mail envelopes. Nielsen Media Research rigorously controls how the diaries are packaged and delivered to the U.S. Post Office for mailing. If you further questions about an envelope you received from us, please call toll free, 1-800-237-8611.

How do I become a member of the Nielsen TV sample?

Strictly through chance. We cannot ask every home to participate, so we carefully select a sample of homes in your community to represent the entire TV audience. To be statistically accurate it is essential that our samples be randomly selected. Every household in the United States has a chance of being selected, no matter where it is located.

http://en-us.nielsen.com/home

Care to wonder if they chose a younger group of people for this Nielson box? I believe not.

How is NBC being unfair? They paid Conan handsomely for his dismal ratings, then paid him handsomely to go away. Unless your TV only gets NBC, you don't lose out. Conan can now go on TBS and push the envelope because he's on cable. Conan made out like a bandit. If you're a fan of his, you made out like a bandit. It's win/win for you both.

It's basically a whole lot of complaining about nothing. Conan's ego is bruised because he saw himself as the next Johnny Carson. Well guess what, Conan? You said it yourself. The world is changing and cable is the future and you can now forge your own path at TBS. Quit whining about Jay Leno.

the buyout was to prevent him from suing for breach of contract, because that's what they wanted to do. it took balls to not just let them do it and roll over to a later timeslot. he fought and he won. good for him.

How is NBC being unfair? They paid Conan handsomely for his dismal ratings, then paid him handsomely to go away. Unless your TV only gets NBC, you don't lose out. Conan can now go on TBS and push the envelope because he's on cable. Conan made out like a bandit. If you're a fan of his, you made out like a bandit. It's win/win for you both.

It's basically a whole lot of complaining about nothing. Conan's ego is bruised because he saw himself as the next Johnny Carson. Well guess what, Conan? You said it yourself. The world is changing and cable is the future and you can now forge your own path at TBS. Quit whining about Jay Leno.

He's never whined about Leno. You're so delusional lol. If you can't see why NBC was unfair, theres no help for you. Check out this Nielson Box crock. And Rodeo just brought another tidbit of info to the table.

Here are my thoughts on this.

Conan negotiated a contract in 2004 that would guarantee him the Tonight Show in 2009. Leno, on the other hand, agreed that he would retire from the show when Conan took it over. Though he had second thoughts and decided he wanted to do another show. So NBC offered him a show at 10:00, in which he took.

Jay Leno's ratings were horrible. So, after about 6 months NBC decides to come up with plan to move Leno back to the 11:35 time slot to help his ratings. The Tonight Show would then start at 12:05, moving Jimmy Fallen and Carson Daily back a half hour too. Conan then made this statement:

I sincerely believe that delaying The Tonight Show into the next day to accommodate another comedy program will seriously damage what I consider to be the greatest franchise in the history of broadcasting. The Tonight Show at 12:05 simply isn’t The Tonight Show.

It was a horrible move on NBC's part to come up with such an idea. Conan did the smartest thing and decided to quit the show to save the franchise.

Now, I'm on Conan's side because he and his crew traveled from New York to Los Angeles to do the show, and they were hardly given any chance to develop their show. When Leno started show, he was given a few years before his ratings started to rise.

NBC is fuging stupid for trying to ruin the tonight show, and Leno is just simply classless to go with all of this. If you don't agree, watch this:

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/6d1caacad1/jay-s-2004-announcement

I never said NBC wasn't unfair. I said Leno wasn't. NBC panicked on both shows, then wanted to be sure they got back on top of Letterman. That's why Letterman spoke out. He knew the score.

If you think NBC is unfair, why question me about how NBC was unfair? You're back tracking, but whatever. I think both NBC and Leno were unfair.

Archived