• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CoCo on 60 minutes tonight

Jangler

I like how it was brought up what Zook said about the american people have spoken and they decided they didnt like Conan on Late Night and then Conan said "Can I take back what I just said?". It just shows how classless NBC has been throughout this whole thing. As well as when it was brought up about Leno thinking he also was screwed too. That was the ultimate crock of sh*t. Im glad Conan laughed at that.

I know this is an unpopular sentiment in this forum and especially in this thread, but....grow a pair, Conan. You lost the Tonight Show, but you were given the best severance package in history. Leno did what anyone would have done in that situation. He was promised the same thing you were...a chance to develop his show. If he had said no to taking back the 11:30 time slot, you'd both be on the street now and much poorer over it. Leno left 11:30 before he was ready to just to give you a chance, and the fact is you were sinking the franchise. It's a different audience at 11:30, just like it's a different audience in prime time. Quit making Leno out to be the bad guy here. You were given 30 million dollars, and you can now do whatever the hell you want to.

I know this is an unpopular sentiment in this forum and especially in this thread, but....grow a pair, Conan. You lost the Tonight Show, but you were given the best severance package in history. Leno did what anyone would have done in that situation. He was promised the same thing you were...a chance to develop his show. If he had said no to taking back the 11:30 time slot, you'd both be on the street now and much poorer over it. Leno left 11:30 before he was ready to just to give you a chance, and the fact is you were sinking the franchise. It's a different audience at 11:30, just like it's a different audience in prime time. Quit making Leno out to be the bad guy here. You were given 30 million dollars, and you can now do whatever the hell you want to.

I agree and disagree. I have no sympathy for him, bc he got bought out, in a HUGE way like I've never seen before. but that doesn't mean Leno was is off the morality hook. NBC takes most of the blame. if Leno was going to walk away he should have walked away. But as I said no sympathy from me.

I see you have no idea what you are talking about as well. Conan did grow a pair, he did what he wanted to and chose his own path without having someone else tell him what to do. When NBC treated him unfairly, he decided to go elsewhere. And that takes alot of "balls".

Conan was never given a chance by NBC. He was only given 6 months. And even then during that time they were pushing him when it was really Leno's poor ratings that brought down Conan. Conan wasn't sinking the franchise, Leno was due to his ratings. Leno had Conan on "Late Night" and gave Conan the Late Night show and less than a year later Leno is back. That is despicable no matter how you look at it.

And the whole scenario of both of them being out on the street is ridiculous. NBC would not get rid of Leno and their lovefest for him. Leno's Show was killing NBC but he had no problem taking the Tonight Show back after handing it to Conan live on air because Leno and NBC are greedy.

As far as his severance package goes, Conan made sure that the peope that worked for him got the money they deserved. Thats why it took so long to come up with one in the first place.

In the end Conan has been classy while NBC and Leno have been trashy. You are right about one thing though, he is doing what he wants to do. Touring America and coming back on TV in the Fall.

I agree and disagree. I have no sympathy for him, bc he got bought out, in a HUGE way like I've never seen before. but that doesn't mean Leno was is off the morality hook. NBC takes most of the blame. if Leno was going to walk away he should have walked away. But as I said no sympathy from me.

Leno wasn't walking away, though. He was removed from his show to do something unprecedented...a nightly prime time show. His show didn't work for the same exact reason Conan's didn't...people preferred something else at that particular time. So if you're Leno and you love doing the Tonight Show, are you going to say no to NBC asking you to come back and start kicking your rival's ass again? All because you wished Conan well as you handed him the keys?

It's not like Conan is banned from the business. He could have had a show on Fox if he wanted it. He chose TBS. If he's funny, his show will thrive there and he'll have the last laugh.

Archived