• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Which rookie will have the best season?

Razzy

They *generally* don't do anything their first years.

Such a bunch of crying little babies on the Huddle, my God...

I don't remember crying on the huddle at all. Just pointing out facts. Plenty of rookie WRs, as well as rookies in general, have made impacts their "first years" playing. It may not be the rule, but it is not an anomaly either.

Lefall? Seriously?

Hope he show something during preseason.

Edwards is going to see the field a lot more than people think.

So you don't think the guy who was one of the top receivers in the draft and could very well be our #2 WR will have an impact, but the kid who hasn't played receiver since high school will?

Armanti Edwards is going to break Randy Moss's rookie recieving td record while rushing for 1000 yards and 10 touchdowns and running back 7 kR/PR tds on special teams. Oh and he'll lead the team in sacks with 15. Armanti FTW!

Seriously I think Lefell has a 700-800 recieving yard, 6 TD season.

So you don't think the guy who was one of the top receivers in the draft and could very well be our #2 WR will have an impact, but the kid who hasn't played receiver since high school will?

Edwards is a favorite pick here because he will likely play right from the start on Special Teams and perhaps as WildCat QB or Receiver on occasion as well. While other players are facing much competition and may barely play all year.

He didn't say LaFell wouldn't have an impact, although I can see why you'd think that. As for Edwards being rusty at WR, didn't seem to bother Antonio Gates much.

I hope it's one of these two, since we really need another solid receiver. Wouldn't mind if Gettis turns out to be a bargain either. If I had to put money on someone, I'd have to go with LaFell. He's got the size. I hope he's got the hands too.

Edwards on O........Norwood on D.

Norwood was a standout on a middle tier SEC team for all four of his years at USC. The kid flat out gets it done and gives his all on every play. I was shocked and elated when I heard the pick.

I don't want to put any pressure on the guy but I'm expecting Armanti Edwards to return kicks like Devin Hester.

Damn, that's like saying you don't want to put too much pressure on Clausen but you're expecting him to throw the ball like the unnatural love baby of Peyton Manning and Dan Marino.

Clausen - If he ends up playing for the majority of the season then it will no doubt end up being him. So much stock is put into QB's performances he'll be a shoe in unless he stinks it up.

LaFell - he should be the best bet considering he's the highest drafted rookie at a weak position. He would probably be my pick.

Edwards - if he dabbles at a few positions and makes an impact then he could arguably have the best season. I wonder if he could be the 1st player in a season to have a return TD, passing TD, rushing TD, and receiving TD? That'd be cool.

Norwood - Meeks knows how to use undersized pass rushers. He could do well. But considering he's not the favorite to start at any position he'll have to get some serious production out of limited playing time. He could have a good season but not the "best" when compared to the impact our other guys could make.

Gettis - It's just plain not likely. A 3rd or 4th WR in this offense isn't getting much at all.

Hardy - he's in the same boat as Norwood but even lower on the totem pole. He'll really have to make somethign out of his limited oppurtunities.

I don't see any of our rookie DB's getting any chance outside of ST.

Archived