• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best comedian of all time?

Matt Foley

Wanda Sykes? That's seriously very close to neg rep.

The closest is probably Sarah Silverman, but she's pretty fail tbh

her show sucks. her early standup was very funny. shes not in the all time discussion but someone said female comics aren't funny, and i think shes funny

Daniel Tosh is my current favorite, with honorable mention to Jim Gaffigan. Jay Mohr is pretty damn good too.

Carlin and Pryor...class all their own. Nobody can really touch how they changed the stand up routine along with Kinison and Bill Hicks. Bill Hicks was less of a comedian and more of a prophet though.

Golden age comedian? Bob Hope I guess, but I really haven't seen enough footage.

I'm just relieved nobody has mentioned Dane Cook. He deserves a dishonorable mention.

Bill Burr...I'll have to see a few more routines by him before I set him up with Tosh, Gaff, Mohr or Chapelle.

Carlin and Pryor are neck and neck.

For Baby Boom Generation, the ONLY reason I would put Pryor above Carlin was his work 2 movies with Gene Wilder! (Silver Streak & See no Evil, Hear no Evil. Both very funny movies.) Carlin's work in movies was limted to mostly back up roles, tho he did a good job in his roles. I would probably make Pryor #1A and Carlin #1B!

Right behind them? Cheech and Chong! Their bits on records and stand up were way too funny for TV! Basketball Jones was actually on the Top 100!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_kzFEero_M

Now before them, Buster Keaton, Milton Berle, Bob Hope & George Burns (who never really got enough credit as a straight men to his wife Gracie Allen.) Keaton was a genius at what he did!

Archived