• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Survivor?

Samuel L. Jackson

If they're not careful I can see Sandra slipping through the cracks and winning. She's not a physical threat so there's no reason to get rid off her and she's not that well liked by jury members. If she's against the right people if the final vote she could steal one.

Called it.

It's a shame Russell didn't win. He's definitely the best person to never win the game. Like someone said at the reunion show he plays to get to the end, not to win.

they also used to let them have closing comments, which I think they could use to sum up all their answers! I am thinking Russel will be back yet again...but if I was playing against him, I'd be wanting to get rid of him fast or get on his side early!

I've been a survivor addict since season 1. Russel is clearly one of the best players this game has ever seen, but his social game sucks. I see his point that his goal is to get to the end, which he has successfully done both times, but he leaves himself zero chance to win. Unfortunately, those he gets voted off are a whiny little bunch and don't respect the fact that he owned them all. Those that got voted off that say they love the game...Coach for example, should have voted for him based on ownage! Everyone hated the guy and yet, they never voted him out all along!

[survivor Rant]

In the game of survivor I can name so many moves he's made that had great impact and got him to the end... both times... and the 2nd time he had a target on his back from the beginning.

Lets not talk about his ownage of hidden immunity idols... finds them with no clue, finds them when the whole tribe is given the clue... doesn't matter he finds them.

Owning Tyson and getting him to change his vote, giving his idol to pravarti.... 1st domino of many. Getting coach to bail on Rob....

This move was brilliant... people blame JT, but Russell set that up!!! He realizes the heros believe they have an all female alliance after tyson and rob goes home... Coach was an ally for Russel and Jerri, more so than sandra. But he gets rid of coach to make it SEEM like it truly is an all female alliance. That move is what lead JT to make the play he made and turn the game again.

And there are plenty more moves that could also be mentioned.

His social game was not horrible IMO. People just hated the fact that he said he was going to make something happen... and he did it, and they could not prevent it!!! They're made because he played them, and manipulated them to get to the end.... BUT THAT"S WHAT SURVIVOR IS!!!! All of the Fing lied on the game!!! All of them!!! But russel was is to blame because he did it better???

So it can be said he out strategized... He out played...(He was always strong in challenges, and won when it really mattered).... Outlast....(Twice back to back he outlasted everyone)

This is why the fans voted him player of the year twice!!! The moves the man made where impressive... any fan of survivor knows that he plays the game well!!!! Survivor is a game, not some religious or righteous compass... The jury use to reward the player for playing the best game.... the last two seasons they just awarded to winner based on who they liked! It's like because Russell out played them, and got them eliminated so they have a grudge. The jury is turning this into big brother or some popularity contest...Not rewarding the best player.

[/survivor Rant]

From what I've seen of it, I don't buy that he was screwed.

You win the final by getting people to vote for you. Giving speeches to the people who control your fate that include stuff like "you were stupid and I owned you" is a good way to do the exact opposite. Pretty good sign that he just doesn't know when to turn it off.

He's failed to seal the deal twice now. Essentially, he's like the teams that Marty Schottenheimer and Dennis Green used to coach: great in the regular season but failures in the playoffs.

No question Russell has mad skills in playing 1-39 days. But just as we look on Colby as being an idiot in the early early idol for taking who he took to the final and preventing himself from getting a million, you have to look onto how it will look in the end to get the jury votes. If Russell wanted to win, he should've backed off...gotten a LOT humble and give this speech.

"Ok...I'm going to completely open this up to everyone. My strategy is to play Survivor the very best way I saw fit in order to position myself with a chance to win. *look at everyone of them in the eye* Everyone, except maybe Coach, has done/said things that are misleading and sometimes an outright lie. This has been a topic of conversation at final tribal councils for 20 seasons. Have we not moved past this pettiness to understand that it is a fundamental part of the game. If we haven't, then by all means make this about a popularity contest and choose accordingly. Personally, I've not had to sit on a final jury to get to pick who gets a million dollars, but as I've proven through my gameplay, I'm here to play hard and put everything into this game. If I'm to be made a pariah because we want to pretend this game doesn't bring out the bad in societal dealings, then so be it. I hope to get your vote tonight, and it was truly an honor to be in the presence of some of the greatest players in Survivor history. Thanks."

I really hate it whem a coat tail riding person wins the damn game just because they didnt piss anyone off. It has happened too many times. I also prefer the 2 person final vote. It should have been Russell vs Parvarti...Parv would have won that vote. As good as Russell is, and IMO he is the best player ever, he will never win a final vote with the jury picking the winner. He pisses too many people off.

Also, I just found out that Sandra is a bankteller in Fayetteville, N.C.

If they want to bring anyone back...it should be people that have been pulled out and NOT returned due to injury....if they want to.

For instance...pig killing Mike that fell into the fire and had his hands melted. That dude needs a return trip.

Archived