• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

They should have waited another week or two to write this article

Jangler

http://www.couriermail.com.au/entertainment/weird/man-claims-no-food-or-drink-for-70-years/story-e6frep26-1225859946801

SCIENTISTS are studying an 82-year-old man who claims he has not had any food or drink for 70 years.

Prahlad Jani’s claims are being put to the test at a hospital in Ahmedabad, where he is being closely monitored and studied by India’s Defence Research Development Organisation, which believes he may have a quality which could help save lives, The Telegraph reports.

He has so far spent six days without food or water under the strict observation of doctors who say his body is yet to show any signs of hunger or dehydration.

Mr Jani is regarded as a "breatharian" who can live a "spiritual life-force" alone. He believes he is sustained by the "elixir" of a goddess.

The research organisation believes Mr Jani could hold the key to helping soldiers or disaster victims survive without food for longer periods in times of crisis.

"If his claims are verified, it will be a breakthrough in medical science," said Dr G Ilavazhagan, director of the Defence Institute of Physiology & Allied Sciences.

"We will be able to help save human lives during natural disasters, high altitude, sea journeys and other natural and human extremities. We can educate people about the survival techniques in adverse conditions with little food and water or nothing at all."

However, others have dismissed Mr Jani as a "village fraud".

:out:

My grandpa will be 94 in September, and he survives on pretty much next-to-nothing...

His breakfast usually consists of a couple handfulls of dry corn flakes or some other cereal, or a piece of toast or two, and maybe a small cup of black coffee or milk...

His lunch, if he goes inside and eats any, is usually a sandwich, or a half a can of beans, or a half a can of soup...

His dinner, most nights, is a handful of animal crackers, or some more dry cereal, or the other half of the can of beans or soup...

He never drinks soda at all really, never takes any medicine, and doesn't go to the doctor...

He'll also still outwork anyone I know...

As far as the guy in the story, I think it is BS, but I think our bodies can take a lot more punishment than modern science would suggest... and I think a lot of it comes from our mind...

My grandpa will be 94 in September, and he survives on pretty much next-to-nothing...

His breakfast usually consists of a couple handfulls of dry corn flakes or some other cereal, or a piece of toast or two, and maybe a small cup of black coffee or milk...

His lunch, if he goes inside and eats any, is usually a sandwich, or a half a can of beans, or a half a can of soup...

His dinner, most nights, is a handful of animal crackers, or some more dry cereal, or the other half of the can of beans or soup...

People survive every day on less.

Archived