• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

More IW employees sue Activision

Doc Holiday

Bottom Line: Call of Duty sells. If you think that Infinity Ward matters in this at all, I would seriously consider rethinking things.

Nobody buys Call of Duty because IW makes it. They buy it because it's Call of Duty. Even the pooty Treyarch ones. Nobody cares. There are at least two Call of Duty sequels in development right now.

And nobody's going to care when they don't make another Call of Duty. And nobody's going to care when they make a new game for EA and it's basically the same thing.

Because it's not Call of Duty, and by that time that namebrand will be synonymous with Guitar Hero and people will be ready for something new.

Infinity Ward is stupid and I have no idea why people feel like they need to fight the good fight and support them when they have no idea what the real situation was.

That's not Correct Mesmer, a lot of people who play IW games will jump ship to what ever they make next. They did it with Medal of Honor and now Call of Duty. They built it from scratch....got it popular and then the owner (EA & Activision) got greedy and wanted to keep making them over and over. To say that the next game they make at IW/respawn won't sell is incorrect. I'll go on a limb and say it will be one of the top 5 selling games the year it comes out.

Bottom Line: Call of Duty sells. If you think that Infinity Ward matters in this at all, I would seriously consider rethinking things.

Nobody buys Call of Duty because IW makes it. They buy it because it's Call of Duty. Even the pooty Treyarch ones. Nobody cares. There are at least two Call of Duty sequels in development right now.

And nobody's going to care when they don't make another Call of Duty. And nobody's going to care when they make a new game for EA and it's basically the same thing.

Because it's not Call of Duty, and by that time that namebrand will be synonymous with Guitar Hero and people will be ready for something new.

Infinity Ward is stupid and I have no idea why people feel like they need to fight the good fight and support them when they have no idea what the real situation was.

Ok call of duty does not just sell because of name the games that IW has been making are actually pretty good, MW2 is the best Multiplayer FPS availabe on the consoles at the moment, and COD4 was before that.

I will agree that Treyarch's games are crap, WaW felt more like a mod then a real game.

And I probable have as good of an idea as anyone with reguard what is going on with the law suit

Ok call of duty does not just sell because of name the games that IW has been making are actually pretty good, MW2 is the best Multiplayer FPS availabe on the consoles at the moment, and COD4 was before that.

I beg to differ. Halo beats MW2 hands down, IMO.

My problem with MW2 is how easy it is, and how much bullpoo goes on in that game. I mean, it's one of the few games where I have a valid reason to get pissed off nearly every time I get killed. Halo 3 has been out for over 2 years I think, and it is much more balanced (most of the time) and more fun. *waits for Halo Reach*

COD4 I've never played online, but I hear it was a lot better than MW2.

COD4 was better than MW2, not as many flashy things but more balanced, not stupid air support and things that reward bad players. However, after MW2, people now trust Treyarch more than IW. From people I know, WaW got way better after a few months. They put out patches and decent map packs and got things going pretty well. MW2 has been out a while now and still has stupid issues, unbalanced perks, and cheats/exploits galore. They just don't care.

COD4 was better than MW2, not as many flashy things but more balanced, not stupid air support and things that reward bad players. However, after MW2, people now trust Treyarch more than IW. From people I know, WaW got way better after a few months. They put out patches and decent map packs and got things going pretty well. MW2 has been out a while now and still has stupid issues, unbalanced perks, and cheats/exploits galore. They just don't care.

You can never convince me that WaW is better, I will say there is a lot of BS that happens in MW2, but I've also not lost a match in my last 3 days of playing moved my W/L up by .04 and kills up by .01 to 1.93.

And CoD 4 is still the best.

Archived