• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anybody have any experience with renting a property abroad?

neverlosethefeeling

*files this away for potential vacation spot*

You should MOST DEFINITELY do that. The places was AWESOME. About 1500 sq, 2 bedrooms, 2-1/2 baths, full kitchen, dining room, living room w/ tv and dvd player. The entire front of the condo is glass looking onto the balcony. He rents it between $150-200/nt for everything - no taxes or anything.

The people on the island are amazingly nice and friendly. And unlike most islands, is completely safe.

http://www.stmartinrentalcondo.com

I went by myself for 8 days almost 2 years ago (stayed in the resort that's about two blocks from the condo); then went back Dec 27-Jan 3rd a couple months ago with a friend and rented the condo. Resorts there are overrated because you want to experience the most excellent food around the island, and experience the dual cultures of the French and Dutch sides.

Cosmo...dealing with Canadians is always a fantastic thing!!!!

You know, I've never had a bad experience with a Canadian. This guy was from Toronto I believe. He even had a bottle of wine for me in the condo for my birthday. Made a special effort to get a coffee maker and coffee & tea for my friend. Had specific information on the security guard on-site who would be there when I arrived, etc. Even while there, emailed me to see if everything was to my satisfaction.

Also, i had a great roommate who was from Nova Scotia once. He was really nice (although rather cheap).

You should MOST DEFINITELY do that. The places was AWESOME. About 1500 sq, 2 bedrooms, 2-1/2 baths, full kitchen, dining room, living room w/ tv and dvd player. The entire front of the condo is glass looking onto the balcony. He rents it between $150-200/nt for everything - no taxes or anything.

The people on the island are amazingly nice and friendly. And unlike most islands, is completely safe.

http://www.stmartinrentalcondo.com

I went by myself for 8 days almost 2 years ago (stayed in the resort that's about two blocks from the condo); then went back Dec 27-Jan 3rd a couple months ago with a friend and rented the condo. Resorts there are overrated because you want to experience the most excellent food around the island, and experience the dual cultures of the French and Dutch sides.

That place looks incredible!

It was incredible. And the best value on the island.

It seems every time I email with him he's doing something else to it. When I was there it was the outdoor sofa in the living room (which was still nice) and he's done painting, added more stuff. But the weekend before I went, he was putting furniture in it. He and his wife were the only other people to stay there before me. He did everything first class.

We decided to extend our trip and his condo was rented so the security guard put us in touch with another owner and we rented a one-bedwoom in the same building. It was nice but the owned didn't put a fraction of the effort in it that Bryan had. Bryan had whole sets of dinnerware, glasses, wine glasses, margarita glasses, etc.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived