• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hyundai

panther4life

Seems alot of you need some education on the Hyundai Brand. Those that have been in a Hyundai dealership in the last 4 years disregard.

Hyundai is not inferior to Honda/Toyota in way other than public perception. Look at pre-owned inventory on any website and look at the trade ins. On my lot we currently have a 05 Maserati, 01 Lexus LS430, 08 Lexus RX 350, Several Mercedes, 2007 Porsche 911, several BMW'S and tons of late model Honda/Toyota/Nissans.

FYI, you can reverse this by looking at other brands inventories and when looking at the stock #s if it ends with an "A" or "B" it was a trade And if it starts with a "P" it was a purhcase from an auction. Most Hyundai'syou find on other lots were previous rentals bought at an auction. Other dealers crave to have Hyundai's on their lots

Didn't Hyundai & Kia merge a few years ago?

If I didn't have to have a full sized fan with hand controls, I would seriously look at them. Is it Hyundai that does the Soul? I like it better than the Scion.

(I just wouldn't count on the value going up like a 55-57 Chevy!)

Seems alot of you need some education on the Hyundai Brand. Those that have been in a Hyundai dealership in the last 4 years disregard.

Hyundai is not inferior to Honda/Toyota in way other than public perception. Look at pre-owned inventory on any website and look at the trade ins. On my lot we currently have a 05 Maserati, 01 Lexus LS430, 08 Lexus RX 350, Several Mercedes, 2007 Porsche 911, several BMW'S and tons of late model Honda/Toyota/Nissans.

FYI, you can reverse this by looking at other brands inventories and when looking at the stock #s if it ends with an "A" or "B" it was a trade And if it starts with a "P" it was a purhcase from an auction. Most Hyundai'syou find on other lots were previous rentals bought at an auction. Other dealers crave to have Hyundai's on their lots

Not sure I agree with your logic on the number of units available for resale being an indicator how good a car is.

Do you realize how many more cars Honda and Toyota sells yearly in the US as opposed to Hyundai?

If there market share was 4.3% in 2009 you wouldn't expect to see too many used units either. Compare that to Toyota at over a 16% market share.

http://online.wsj.com/mdc/public/page/2_3022-autosales.html#autosalesE

Archived