• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith interviewed about the Draft on WFNZ today.

Cyclonus

why all the matt won't get his shot talk. IF HE IS THE GUY he will start this year, he did show what happens if we get competent qb play and don't turn the ball over.let's also remember that the games he started we ran the ball well, and our d was playing lights out by then. we don't know how he will play with the EXPECTATION of being number 1# and teams looking to take advantage of his weaknesess, and as i prev. posted some players just have the "IT" factor and Clausen just seems to have it to me but he will have to earn the starting job this year

why all the matt won't get his shot talk. IF HE IS THE GUY he will start this year, he did show what happens if we get competent qb play and don't turn the ball over.let's also remember that the games he started we ran the ball well, and our d was playing lights out by then. we don't know how he will play with the EXPECTATION of being number 1# and teams looking to take advantage of his weaknesess, and as i prev. posted some players just have the "IT" factor and Clausen just seems to have it to me but he will have to earn the starting job this year

B/c Fox has proven he doesn't start the guy who gives the team the best shot to win. Fox starts the guy he wants to play and claims he gives the team the best shot to win.

B/c Fox has proven he doesn't start the guy who gives the team the best shot to win. Fox starts the guy he wants to play and claims he gives the team the best shot to win.

that guy is no longer on the roster so what else can fox do? he has no choice but to play the best. he thought jake gave the team the best shot to win doesn't mean he was right

This.

If Fox "likes" Clausen, he'll start, even if Moore is the better player.

don't believe the panthers would have offered him the highest tender they could to keep moore off the market then release dehlomme to not give him a chance to start. clausen fell into their laps, had they traded into the first esp. top 16 to 20 then you might have something to talk about

that guy is no longer on the roster so what else can fox do? he has no choice but to play the best. he thought jake gave the team the best shot to win doesn't mean he was right

This.

This.

If Fox "likes" Clausen, he'll start, even if Moore is the better player.

Forget about if Steve Smith likes Matt Moore or not... John Fox doesn't like the kid. JR likes Matt Moore, which is probably the only reason Matt Moore has even touched the field in Jake Delhomme's absence. I think John Fox sees more fire and moxie in Clausen than he does in Matt Moore. I also believe that's why Steve Smith was gushing at the fact that Clausen's a cocky kind of guy. Reminds me a lot of Philip Rivers... just sayin'.

don't believe the panthers would have offered him the highest tender they could to keep moore off the market then release dehlomme to not give him a chance to start. clausen fell into their laps, had they traded into the first esp. top 16 to 20 then you might have something to talk about

It's my understanding they offered Moore the big tender because they had to. And they only did that because he was the best option, AT THE TIME.

The Delhomme release was not something that Hurney and Fox wanted to do. You don't cry during a Media interview about something you want to do. I think JR forced them to move on Delhomme.

So from the time of Delhomme's release to last Friday, Moore was the best option at QB....

Now... comes Clausen. There is no way in hell that Hurney or Fox knew or expected him to be around at pick 48. They got lucky. I don't think they were going for him directly, but regardless, they snatched him up. And on top of that, they drafted two more QBs (granted one is likely not going to be a QB).

So now, things have changed. It's not just about Moore and his tender anymore. Now they have a potential QB controversy....

Do you think they would have EVER done this to Delhomme? Hell no. They wouldn't even bench the guy when he was WAY on the wrong side of TDs to Ints halfway through the season.

It's so obvious Fox coaches by feeling, not by numbers. This means to me, that if training camp comes and Clausen spit shines John Fox's nuts every day, and Moore won't give him a reach around, Clausen will get the starting job by week X (pick a number between 4 and 9). Even if Moore is completing 95% of his passes to the new receiver core... it's what happens on the sideline and locker room, not on the field for our team.

Because that isn't what happened last year. They gave Jake his shot and he continued to suck all year. How Fox didn't make a switch after the Bills game is amazing. But Jake was a Fox guy; and yes Jake is gone. However, it has also been discussed here that Matt isn't a Fox guy. Don't know what it is; but its fairly clear that Fox has issues with Matt. The put a high tender on Matt; because they couldn't afford to lose him. They didn't have another QB to actually play, plus the tender is only a one year rental and for little money in comparison of starting QB contracts. I wouldn't be surprised if Clausen actually has a higher salary than Matt next season.

I still want to know exactly where this "Moore isn't a Fox guy" came from. And I'm talking about the original source, not a second hand opinion from somebody who, supposedly, knows somebody else who, supposedly, has "inside information". I sure as hell have never heard John Fox utter any such proclamation.

Do you think they would have EVER done this to Delhomme? Hell no. They wouldn't even bench the guy when he was WAY on the wrong side of TDs to Ints halfway through the season.

Dang good point! After Jake's melt down against the Cardinals eveyone considered QB a draft need for the Panthers. yet the Panthers did nothing to get another QB in the draft or Free Agency. I think part of the reason was they didn't want too seem they were pushing Jake out the door or putting any pressure on him. Now not only to they draft two QB's but start talking about a QB competition.

It's my understanding they offered Moore the big tender because they had to. And they only did that because he was the best option, AT THE TIME.

The Delhomme release was not something that Hurney and Fox wanted to do. You don't cry during a Media interview about something you want to do. I think JR forced them to move on Delhomme.

So from the time of Delhomme's release to last Friday, Moore was the best option at QB....

Now... comes Clausen. There is no way in hell that Hurney or Fox knew or expected him to be around at pick 48. They got lucky. I don't think they were going for him directly, but regardless, they snatched him up. And on top of that, they drafted two more QBs (granted one is likely not going to be a QB).

So now, things have changed. It's not just about Moore and his tender anymore. Now they have a potential QB controversy....

It's so obvious Fox coaches by feeling, not by numbers. This means to me, that if training camp comes and Clausen spit shines John Fox's nuts every day, and Moore won't give him a reach around, Clausen will get the starting job by week X (pick a number between 4 and 9). Even if Moore is completing 95% of his passes to the new receiver core... it's what happens on the sideline and locker room, not on the field for our team.

i have always felt we treated dehlomme as untouchable(which he didn't deserve)but moore can do like deangelo did when stew came aboard and just step up his game. it won't matter unless clausen is just better than he is imo

Archived