• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith interviewed about the Draft on WFNZ today.

Cyclonus

ALL PARAPHRASED

Says WR and QB room will be "interesting" this year. :lol:

Says he has to Humble himself and be a mentor to the young players even the one that will eventually take his job.

Knows a little about young WR's coming in.

Compares Edwards to Randell El.

Clausen being cocky: If you want people to believe in you, you have to believe in yourself. You gotta know and not HOPE for things to happen. Whats wrong with being Cocky ? *paraphrased*

How Matt Moore responds: something something about Having competition, thinks this is first year since he has been here there has been a QB competition and he thinks its a good thing.

Fox LameDuck? and changes?::::: Doesn't see Fox affected

Fox's Last year ?::: has a feeling, but wont say either way.

Yeah thought it sounded like he suspects Fox won't be back.

Surprised that Clausen already called/texted him and isn't intimidated by him. Sounds like there is some serious mutual respect/man love between Smitty and Clausen.

I just don't think Matt is gonna get a fair shot at the job.

wow, this was one of the most laid back, easy going interviews I've ever heard Smitty do. Showing a lot more personality in this one.

Called Charly Martin "White Chocolate"

Smitty and Celina are good buddies. He has been callin into the morning show in Charlotte for years now.

Yeah thought it sounded like he suspects Fox won't be back.

Surprised that Clausen already called/texted him and isn't intimidated by him. Sounds like their is some serious mutual respect/man love between Smitty and Clausen.

I just don't think Matt is gonna get a fair shot at the job.

The media is right!!! That's exactly why Jimmy is a horrible leader... and teammate. :rolleyes:

Hmm.... I wonder how a smitty The Golden Calf of Bristol conversation would have gone... LOL

Yeah, Smitty definitely sounds like he loves Clausen's attitude and confidence (or cockiness). He was basically gushing about that part.

But, if Clausen is an ass, I can see how he and Smitty are already bonding so quick lol. Like I said, Smitty is my favorite player but he's had his share of problems too... Doesn't bother me as long as we win and they give it their all when they're out there.

I like that he likes the Gettis kid too...

Archived