• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Original stars of hit movies

Matt Foley

very cool, but the Back to the future one is wrong. Eric Stoltz was cast as Marty McFly, and filmed a couple of scenes before Michael J. Fox decided to do it after he turned them down. Actually, they shot a good portion of the movie with Stoltz.

Never heard of Ralph Macchio even sniffing the part.

There's a website dedicated to this.

http://www.notstarring.com/

Some interesting stuff.

Some of the memorable ones I've seen were Chris O'Donnell as jack in Titanic, Tom Selleck as Indiana Jones or Jeremy Irons as Hannibal Lecter.

The most ironic one, of course, is OJ Simpson as the Terminator.

From what I understand, had it been Will Smith as Neo in the Matrix, Morpheus was slated to be Val Kilmer. You could argue that might have been a better combo.

Thoughts:

Tom Cruise + Kevnin Bacon's hair = Ben Stiller

Kevin Costner and Keanu Reeves are very opportunistic dudes. Parlayed some rejected roles into huge hits. Is there a word for guys who hang close to the attractive guy in their clique to hit on the girls he rebuffs?

Thoughts:

Tom Cruise + Kevnin Bacon's hair = Ben Stiller

Kevin Costner and Keanu Reeves are very opportunistic dudes. Parlayed some rejected roles into huge hits. Is there a word for guys who hang close to the attractive guy in their clique to hit on the girls he rebuffs?

Vulture?

There's some roles I wish actors would have been turned down for. Coster as Robin Hood is one of the biggies, though that movie sucked for lots of reasons other than just him.

Looking at those posters, wasn't Stuart Townshend originally cast as Aragorn in LOTR?

Ugh. That wouldda sucked. Viggo Mortenson owned that part.

I know David Bowie was supposed to be the Elf King (name escapes me) but I think Hugo Weaving was a better choice.

Archived