• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will Clausen be a holdout come training camp?

dham278

The good thing about the pay scale.. It is based on where you were picked not where you were projected. I don't think Clausen will hold out.

One thing I want to point out this guy is a competitor. Ah La Jake competitor but with alot more talent. I am sure he will be humble coming into a professional locker room.

dude obviously has more talent than Jake....but at this point I wouldn't even say he is half as competitive as a Jake Delhomme. Jake lived and breathed Carolina football. That is why his teammates stuck by him despite breaking down and turning into the worst starting QB in the NFL. Clausen just proved at Notre Dame to have talent.....and the Jake qualities were missing....which is why he is such a question mark to so many.

the longer he stays away, the more his "attitude" becomes suspect and he falls further and further behind matt----- so it's up to him.. anybody know who his agent is?? hope it's not rosenhouse (is that his name? -- TO's agent)

Beason held out. nobody questioned his attitude. it's business.

Guest CatofWar

I don't think he will. I think he's gonna show up do his damnedest to crack that starting line up. Just read an article by Yas that I kinda agreed with. He compared Clausen you a young Jake: Both gunslingers, both super competitive, and both cocky.

Fox said the same system he ran with Weis is what he would be running here. Fox and Hurney want him to beat out Moore, no doubt.

Why would he be a hold out? Cause you feel he's gonna be a jackass? Doubt it. I bet he is signed and delivered before training camp. This kid can't afford to miss anything if he truly wants a chance to beat out Moore this season.

:iagree:

If this kid has a good agent he will be in before camp. Hurney is not hard to work with. You see where holding out and thinking your top 10 got Crabtree last year so its not a friendly road to take if you want to start.

'

Beason held out when the Panthers tried to give him a wacky contract, which he finally agreed too.

I dont think it was "Wacky" they just didnt want to include a option that had become popular a few years ago. His agent is not even a agent anymore so that was a rare situation. Kinda like we had with Peppers.

if this was a guy like mccoy or something in his situation, id say that most qbs would be happy to just be at a place with an opportunity like this and realize that he was a 48th overall pick, so he'd accept any contract given (which will most likely be alot more than most people taken around 48th) buuuuuuuutt this IS clausen so its a possibility

No way he holds out. As much as I hate the pick, he went to the best possible landing spot to actually have a chance to start without having to take the team on his back. In his mind, he needs to beat out an UDFA with 8 starts in 3 years on a team with an awesome line and running game.

We'll offer him a better deal than where he was slotted but nothing obscene and he'll be in camp.

I'm predicting he isn't going to go the primadona route. He knows the offense pretty well. If he jumps, he has a legitimate chance of being a starter. That chance is diminished greatly if he misses training camp. The kid has got to be smart enough to know he has to strike now if he wants a chance.

Also, with him being so low, the Panthers won't hesitate giving him a decent salary for where he was drafted. He may even get more than expected. The Panthers have the dough, they'll make it happen.

Archived